Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 21st, 2017, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
There is a file at the following share called Homebrew.ItemProperties.user. It contains just the Vicious item property for now. If I do any more, I'll add them to that file and let you know so you can grab an updated copy.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag5qmDhkH4nLpulDHPbMLmaOKMYa1Q
Great Thanks!

Quote:
The share also my customized Gestalt files. The following page talks about what changes I've made for house rules if you wanted to look.

https://sway.com/A5hsflI3mNOYI7Pz
If we added this logic in I would need to be able to have an option to turn it on/off for people. I am not saying its bad or anything but gamers are very opinionated bunch and what one likes another hates.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 21st, 2017, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Great Thanks!

If we added this logic in I would need to be able to have an option to turn it on/off for people. I am not saying its bad or anything but gamers are very opinionated bunch and what one likes another hates.
Don't I know it. Fallout 4 mods require a lot of options. Something someone would like makes another angry.
Valdacil is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 2nd, 2017, 04:02 PM
While I do have the activator working as I would like, I wanted to include the weapon name in the activator on the InPlay tab, so it was clear where that activator is coming from (and with multiple properties, they would sort).

Example: Say I have a weapon with a custom name "Tempest" that has the Frost property. I would like the activator on the InPlay screen to read something like:

Tempest: Frost (+1d6 cold dmg)

I tried monkeying around with various ways to call the property's parent to get the weapon, but was unsuccessful. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but wasn't able to find an example to lead me to a solution.
Valdacil is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 3rd, 2017, 10:13 AM
Monkey example?
Aaron is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 3rd, 2017, 11:25 PM
I ended up figuring out a way to accomplish what I wanted. I added a script on the item property thing at Render/111000 (after another script sets abSource):

Code:
      field[actName].text = field[abSource].text & ": Shock (+1d6 electricity dmg)"
      field[livename].text = field[actName].text
Valdacil is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old April 4th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Quote:
I ended up figuring out a way to accomplish what I wanted. I added a script on the item property thing at Render/111000 (after another script sets abSource):

Code:
      field[actName].text = field[abSource].text & ": Shock (+1d6 electricity dmg)"
      field[livename].text = field[actName].text
I like this! I hope that this could be implemented by LW or SC data files. I would suggest dropping "dmg" from the text because of HL's spacing issue in the summary columns.
Krothos is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 4th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
I like this! I hope that this could be implemented by LW or SC data files. I would suggest dropping "dmg" from the text because of HL's spacing issue in the summary columns.
True, I suppose the "dmg" is not necessary. I've often been accused of being to verbose... here's another example.

Also ShadowCremosh did mention that he wanted to include more item properties in the community files, but it takes time to go through and make them all. I myself have only done the ones we've needed for our party so far. Frost, Shock, and Vicious are as far as I've made it. Now that I have it looking the way I want it, I have a template to do others however not the drive until needed. Necessity being the mother of... and all that.

Last edited by Valdacil; April 4th, 2017 at 05:24 PM.
Valdacil is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 4th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Quote:
True, I suppose the "dmg" is not necessary. I've often been accused of being to verbose... here's another example.

Also ShadowCremosh did mention that he wanted to include more item properties in the community files, but it takes time to go through and make them all. I myself have only done the ones we've needed for our party so far. Frost, Shock, and Vicious are as far as I've made it. Now that I have it looking the way I want it, I have a template to do others however not the drive until needed. Necessity being the mother of... and all that.
Would it be possible to make an adjustment that allows the player to select from one of his weapons? Say one that allowed the player to specify text to REMOVE rather than ADD, and which had a 'negative logic' where checked = OFF rather than ON?

Not perfect, but perhaps better than creating something again and again for different abilities.
Silveras is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 5th, 2017, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Would it be possible to make an adjustment that allows the player to select from one of his weapons? Say one that allowed the player to specify text to REMOVE rather than ADD, and which had a 'negative logic' where checked = OFF rather than ON?

Not perfect, but perhaps better than creating something again and again for different abilities.
There are now 3 components to my edits. First is to add the activator to InPlay. I prefer it there with all the other abilities (like Power Attack) as opposed to an Adjustment. Second component is alterations to the displayed text. Some abilities would look like "plus 2d6 sneak attack" and others would look like "+1d6 precise strike". The "plus" adds more words and makes it hard to read, while my OCD didn't like seeing two formats. So in order to standardize the text display, I've had to modify the scripts on the item properties. Third component now is to add the weapon name to the activator text.

Since each property has unique effects and/or text, I don't think I can apply a generic routine to programmatically make the edits en masse.
Valdacil is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old May 19th, 2017, 11:41 AM
I'm going to have to look further into this as my PC has an undead bane flail and we are coming across a lot of undead... I haven't been able to get the +2 to hit and the +2d6 to dam to automatically get added in my hit and damage calculations. Same thing with precise strike and outflank (I can only find the regular flank which is only +2). The additional trick to this is that bane is only on my flail, not on my dagger, so simply having an in play activation of bane probably wouldn't work as I would think it would also add the bane to the dagger.

Might seem like a minor thing but I've had to create a spreadsheet to add up all my special conditions while attacking. With a potential 7 attacks per round with haste, it's no easy task to keep track of everything.
Dhrakken is offline   #20 Reply With Quote