Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Valdacil

Old March 21st, 2017, 09:57 AM
How would I go about adding an activator to enable/disable effects from item powers? I would like to alter things like Vicious or Corrosive so that I can enable/disable them from the InPlay tab like you can with Combat Expertise or Power Attack.
Valdacil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 21st, 2017, 10:05 AM
Replace the base item power, and have it Shadow itself to the hero. I think you can just add the usual tags and fields to set up an activation on the power.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 21st, 2017, 10:07 AM
I think you would need to create new versions of them that include activation. "Extend Thing" might work for this, but I don't know for sure.

The Activation section of Magic Weapons is unclear about which weapons need activation. Some features, like Flaming, Frost, and Shock, mention "upon command" while most do not.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 21st, 2017, 10:36 AM
@Aaron - What do you mean by shadow itself to the hero?

I modified Vicious already because I wanted the damage to format the same as I changed Sneak Attack to and I added damage display for Precise Strike. So now they all display like this (after my modifications):

1d4+5/18-20 + 2d6 sneak attack + 2d6 vicious + 1d6 precise strike

This looks cleaner to me than some of them using 'plus' and 'and' while others use '+XdX'. Before my edits it looked like:

1d4+5/18/20 plus 2d6 sneak attack and 2d6 vicious +1d6 precise strike.

After my edits, it is much more clear to me when preparing rolls and adding up dice. I will probably edit all other item properties eventually to standardize the format as the first example above.

However, when I edited Vicious, I selected the box to "Show in Activated Abilities List", but one did not show up on the InPlay tab. So there must be something more to it.

Last edited by Valdacil; March 21st, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
Valdacil is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 21st, 2017, 10:52 AM
The in-play tab only shows things in the hero container, but item powers exist in the container of whatever custom/magic weapon they are added to. The Helper.Shadow tag causes whatever has it to be present in both its origin and the hero container.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 21st, 2017, 11:07 AM
I figured it out by taking apart the Bane property added by the Community Pack which does have an activator on the InPlay tab. The checkbox "Show On Special Tab?" adds the tag Helper.Shadow. This coupled with the "Show in Activated Abilities List?" checkbox gets the item property to show up on the InPlay tab. Then one just needs to code in how to change the display conditional on whether the ability is activated or not which is pretty easy.

Thanks for your help.
Valdacil is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 21st, 2017, 11:20 AM
If you have all these done already. I would be happy to add them to the community pack so that others have a choice. I had always wanted to do more of the item powers but never had time.

you can email me if easier at my forum user id (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 21st, 2017, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If you have all these done already. I would be happy to add them to the community pack so that others have a choice. I had always wanted to do more of the item powers but never had time.

you can email me if easier at my forum user id (at) yahoo (dot) com.
I haven't done them yet. I only did Vicious so far because my character in my current game has a Vicious Kukri, so the change was a quality of life for myself. I may work on the others at some point, but don't have a high drive until I need one. If I do get more of them made, I will let you know and share with you.
Valdacil is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 21st, 2017, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
I haven't done them yet. I only did Vicious so far because my character in my current game has a Vicious Kukri, so the change was a quality of life for myself. I may work on the others at some point, but don't have a high drive until I need one. If I do get more of them made, I will let you know and share with you.
Well one is better than none! Its why I did the Bane one because all my players have iPads and its a very popular enchantment.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 21st, 2017, 01:55 PM
There is a file at the following share called Homebrew.ItemProperties.user. It contains just the Vicious item property for now. If I do any more, I'll add them to that file and let you know so you can grab an updated copy.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag5qmDhkH4nLpulDHPbMLmaOKMYa1Q

The share also my customized Gestalt files. The following page talks about what changes I've made for house rules if you wanted to look.

https://sway.com/A5hsflI3mNOYI7Pz
Valdacil is offline   #10 Reply With Quote