Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Valdacil

Old March 19th, 2017, 02:37 PM
I found the Mechanic mechAutoBo in the editor. I also found the Class Special cABPArmAtt in the editor. However, I have been unable to find the actual editor item that applies the bonus to the specified weapon.

The whole point of ABP is to provide greater diversity of equipment by removing the Big 6 by granting innate bonuses that grant the same benefits as the Big 6. Therefore, this only works if the ABP bonus properly stacks. However, currently the ABP attunement bonuses in HL don't stack with Masterwork. So I want to edit the attunement bonus (both Armor and Weapon) to make it untyped so it stacks with Masterwork/Magical properties.

Where is the editor object that actually modifies the item when selected on the Bonus Progression tab? I've looked all over the Item screens in the Editor as well as all the Class screens.
Valdacil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 19th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Just going by what you've said here, there's a disconnect.

Weapon Enhancement Bonuses normally do not stack with Masterwork.. because that's also an Enhancement Bonus. So the first +1 Enhancement Bonus of magic overlaps with the +1 Enhancement Bonus of Masterwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Core Rulebook, p.149, Masterwork Weapons
All magic weapons are a utomatically considered to be of masterwork quality. The enhancement bonus granted by the masterwork quality doesn’t stack with the enhancement bonus provided by the weapon’s magic.
So are you trying to implement a house rule where they do stack?
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 20th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
I found the Mechanic mechAutoBo in the editor. I also found the Class Special cABPArmAtt in the editor. However, I have been unable to find the actual editor item that applies the bonus to the specified weapon.

The whole point of ABP is to provide greater diversity of equipment by removing the Big 6 by granting innate bonuses that grant the same benefits as the Big 6. Therefore, this only works if the ABP bonus properly stacks. However, currently the ABP attunement bonuses in HL don't stack with Masterwork. So I want to edit the attunement bonus (both Armor and Weapon) to make it untyped so it stacks with Masterwork/Magical properties.

Where is the editor object that actually modifies the item when selected on the Bonus Progression tab? I've looked all over the Item screens in the Editor as well as all the Class screens.
The actual pick which selects the target is called ABPAttune, but it doesn't have a tab in the editor. As Silveras said, normally since Mwk grants and enhancement bonus and so does ABP, they don't stack. If you want to house rule otherwise, I would recommend going the other route. Instead of manipulating the pick which selects things for ABP, manipulate the weapons themselves. I believe anything which is masterwork has EquipType.Masterwork, so you could foreach through all weapons on the hero and add a +1 untyped bonus, if they didn't have a full enhancement bonus (check the fields for melee/ranged enh to dam to determine that).

Hope that helps!
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 20th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Just going by what you've said here, there's a disconnect.

Weapon Enhancement Bonuses normally do not stack with Masterwork.. because that's also an Enhancement Bonus. So the first +1 Enhancement Bonus of magic overlaps with the +1 Enhancement Bonus of Masterwork.

So are you trying to implement a house rule where they do stack?
The specific bonus granted by ABP is the only one that we are trying to get to stack. So if a weapon has a magical property (like Vicious) that would provide a +1 bonus (or whatever the property's bonus). The bonus provided by Weapon Attunement (from ABP) is intended to stack with that property bonus. As you pointed out they do not because they are both Enhancement bonuses. However, my GM is saying that they should based on the spirit of what ABP is supposed to be for and thus I am trying to make that work in HL.
Valdacil is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 20th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Quote:
The specific bonus granted by ABP is the only one that we are trying to get to stack. So if a weapon has a magical property (like Vicious) that would provide a +1 bonus (or whatever the property's bonus). The bonus provided by Weapon Attunement (from ABP) is intended to stack with that property bonus. As you pointed out they do not because they are both Enhancement bonuses. However, my GM is saying that they should based on the spirit of what ABP is supposed to be for and thus I am trying to make that work in HL.
You might want to go into more details as to how your GM thinks it works 'in spirit"... because by the letter, the existing properties of the weapon decrease your Attunement Bonus. The example given in the book is a character with a +3 Attunement Bonus wielding a keen scimitar. Since keen is priced as equivalent to a +1 bonus, the +3 Attunement Bonus loses 1 to "pay for" keen, leaving a +2 keen Scimitar.

Is that the situation you're trying to create, or something different? If it is not working as-written, you may be better off filing a bug report.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 20th, 2017, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
You might want to go into more details as to how your GM thinks it works 'in spirit"... because by the letter, the existing properties of the weapon decrease your Attunement Bonus. The example given in the book is a character with a +3 Attunement Bonus wielding a keen scimitar. Since keen is priced as equivalent to a +1 bonus, the +3 Attunement Bonus loses 1 to "pay for" keen, leaving a +2 keen Scimitar.

Is that the situation you're trying to create, or something different? If it is not working as-written, you may be better off filing a bug report.
Do you have book and page reference for this description? I haven't seen it explained that way.

My GM is saying that keen being +1 with attunement of +3 would be a total of +4 to attack. Hence stacking, not deducting.
Valdacil is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 20th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Do you have book and page reference for this description? I haven't seen it explained that way.

My GM is saying that keen being +1 with attunement of +3 would be a total of +4 to attack. Hence stacking, not deducting.
In the same section, see http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/u...ogression.html or page 157 of Pathfinder Unchained.

Quote:
In this system, magic weapons, armor, and shields never have enhancement bonuses of their own; those bonuses are granted only through attunement. Any weapon, armor, or shield special abilities on attuned items count against a character's enhancement bonus from attunement. To determine an attuned magic item's enhancement bonus, subtract the cost of its special ability from the enhancement bonus granted by attunement. (This applies only to special abilities whose cost is equivalent to an enhancement bonus, not to those that cost a flat amount of gold pieces.) For example, if a character with a +3 enhancement bonus from weapon attunement wields a keen scimitar, she subtracts 1 point of her enhancement bonus (for the cost of keen), leaving her with a +2 keen scimitar. If a character doesn't have enough of an enhancement bonus to afford the special ability (such as a 4th-level character with a vorpal longsword), she can still use the weapon's power on its own, but the weapon gains no enhancement bonus.

Last edited by Farling; March 20th, 2017 at 04:48 PM.
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 20th, 2017, 10:42 PM
I misunderstood part of what my GM was saying. Essentially, the bit about bonus costs is ignored. So an item with keen or vicious alone would receive no enhancements. If it were keen and masterwork, then it should get the masterwork +1 as normal. If keen and attuned, then it should receive the full attunement bonus (ie. +3, not +3-1 for keen). If keen, attuned, and masterwork, then it should get the full attunement bonus +1 for masterwork. That is what I am trying to achieve.

His quote went something like this:
Quote:
There is a HUGE disconnect with the attunement and magical PROPERTIES (which are not part of attunement). According to the base rules (which we are not using) in order to use a magic weapon like Vicious (which is a +1 ability) you have to give up your +1 attunement. In a non-ABP game a +1 Vicious dagger is a +2 weapon for cost and level. Properties do not tie into attunement at all for our ABP
There is a blog post by a developer that talks about "capacity" for attunement and items and blah blah, which works out well, except they totally forgot what they were trying to accomplish and basically just made "different" magic weapons.
So back to trying to make HL do this... I'm very close, but I think I have an issue with timing that I'm not sure how to solve. What I've discovered trying to implement Aaron's suggestion is this:

I created a mechanic that just runs a script which loops through weapons and if it has the EquipType.Masterwork, it sets BonEnhance to 0 and Bonus to += 1. I have to run this before Post-levels 10000 which is when ABPAttune runs and applies the enhancement bonus. However, if the item is NOT attuned, but is masterwork another script runs at Final Phase/5000 which sets atmBonEnh and atrBonEnh to 1. In Selection History it shows on that line: "Weapon Applies mwk bonus to attack". If the item is attuned that line just says Post-attributes/21000 Specific weapon or Weapon Chooser inherits value from attack.

So at this point I am getting a proper stacking of attunement and masterwork, but I'm also getting a bogus extra +1 on masterwork alone.
Valdacil is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 2nd, 2017, 08:13 PM
I solved the problem. Here is my solution and my code. I ended up using a script off a mechanic, but focused on the Attunement, not on the Masterwork as was originally suggested. Essentially, started by looping through ABPAttune picks on hero where WepAttune then climbing through the usrchosen field to the weapon and reducing the BonEnhance by the value of the attunement, then increasing Bonus by the value of the attunement. This must all run before Post-Attributes 21000 when the BonXXXXX fields get inherited onto atmBonXXX and atrBonXXX, but after Post-Levels 10000 when ABPAttune applies the value to BonEnhance.

I already had a mechanic thing that replaced mechAutoBo thingid (that prevents ABP bonuses from being granted to companions), so I added a an eval script to that at Post-levels 11000 (shortly after ABPAttune sets BonEnhance on the attuned weapon).

Code:
       ~ Valdacil: Find ABPAttune for weapons and change bonus to untyped
       foreach pick in Hero from ABPAttune where "Helper.WepAttune"
         eachpick.field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[BonEnhance].value = maximum(0,eachpick.field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[BonEnhance].value - eachpick.field[abUserVal].value)
         eachpick.field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[Bonus].value += eachpick.field[abUserVal].value
       nexteach
Valdacil is offline   #9 Reply With Quote