Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

mattig89ch

Old February 10th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Hello all,

My DM has created a number of custom, magical items, for his campaign. Now I've been able to figure out how to create custom items thus far. But I haven't manage to figure out how to add magical effects to them.

Tonight, he gave me a longsword, that is a +1 Regular longsword, that also does 1d10 Pyscic damage. I've created the longsword, and even figured out how to add the psychic damage modifier. But I need to add a completely separate dice role, to the weapon in question. And then, assign that dice role a damage modifier. So I can keep the 1d8 slashing, then add a 1d10 psychic damage.

I've looked over the help file with the editor, but I didn't see a way to add additional attack dice, to an item. Is there a place to look for adding dice rolls to weapons?

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...rothersSig.jpg
mattig89ch is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Madshadows

Old February 12th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Go to adjustments, go down to weapon elemental dmg, custom, select your weapon and change the damage type to whatever you need, it starts at 1d6 elemental. It should then show up on your in play screen.
Madshadows is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mattig89ch

Old February 24th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Thanks but I'm having trouble finding that adjustments feild your talking about. Or anything having to do with elemental damage.

I even created a new one in the 'magical weapons' tab, and I still can't find the adjustments menu your talking about.

Where is that menu located?

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...rothersSig.jpg
mattig89ch is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old February 25th, 2017, 03:15 AM
If you are doing this in Hero Lab's itself, and not in the editor, go to the Adjustments tab > Add new Adjustment > Equipment > and select the adjustment Weapon Elemental Dmg. Custom.

Add whichever weapon you want to your weapons tab, then come back to Adjustments and select the weapon. Change the duration text to +1d10 psychic.

Doing it in the editor is a bit more complicated.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:38 PM
If you want to build something like this in the editor, I'd use the Flame Tongue as a starting point.
Hollis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote