Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Quintain

Old April 27th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Another issue:

When making a mythic version of Extra Transfer, I'm getting the following error:

Thing 'fmyExTrans' - Unique things cannot be assigned a non-zero maxlimit

The feat script is exactly the same as the original extra transfer feat (non-mythic), in timing and everything. The extra transfer feat does not give the same compile error.

Code:
hero.childfound[cPUVitTraW].field[trkMax].value += 2
Ok, found the solution. Changed the uniqueness of the feat from "Add Once" to "No". -- the original ability has the same uniqueness. Not sure if this is correct or not.

Last edited by Quintain; April 27th, 2017 at 08:32 PM.
Quintain is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 27th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Question:

There are several mythic abilities that deal with psionic focus that makes the focus test positive when tested for certain abilities even if it is expended.

I'd like to implement a new tag called "Hero.isPsiFocused". Which would count as being psionically focused without interfering with the psionic focus tags.

Can you modify whatever psionic focus test procedure you made to do this test?

Naturally, my implementation is encountering some issues -- here's my code --

Error: The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'fmyDeepFoc' (Eval Script '#1') on line 14
-> Invalid syntax for tag template

Code:
      ~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~ if mythic power >= 1 or Power Point Pool >=1 then considered focused.

var vPwrPts as number
    vPwrPts = #resleft[resPowerPt]

if (vPwrPts >= 1) Then
       ~ Character is Psionically Focused
       perform hero.assign[Hero.isPsiFocus]
    Endif

if (hero.child[trkMythic].field[trkLeft].value >= 1) Then
       ~ Character is Psionically Focused
       perform hero.assign[Hero.isPsiFocus]
    Endif
I presume that I need to create the Hero tag ahead of time -- I'm not positive on how to do this. --

Edit: I found that the name for the hero tag was too long -- I changed to Hero.isPsiFocus, and it compiled successfully. Compiled, but not working -- when I tried to add the tag in the tags menu, it erred on something like dynamic tag not found:

Timing issue?
Hero.? tag group is controlled by LW you can NOT just try and create a new tag using a script. Only LW can add new tags to the Hero.? group. This is why we the community has custom tags created in .1st files.

I went ahead and created a new tag group MythicPsi.? and added the tag PsiFocus to it. In addition I modified the PUPsiFocus procedure call to look for this tag. So do a new pull from GitHub and then change your script to assign MythicPsi.PsiFocus.

Of course looking around I see dozens of abilities that are not correctly calling PUPsiFocus to test. Meaning we will have to now correct all those scripts. Sigh...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 27th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Thing 'fmyExTrans' - Unique things cannot be assigned a non-zero maxlimit

Ok, found the solution. Changed the uniqueness of the feat from "Add Once" to "No". -- the original ability has the same uniqueness. Not sure if this is correct or not.
This means you set the "Max Limit" to 0 which can not happen on a unique feat. Max Limit is the box under the blue buttons on the right side.

I am hoping "fmyExTrans" is not really the final unique id you used for this. ALL community Things for Psionics must have "PU" in it. No exception to this rule as we have to prevent clashing with official Unique ID's. If you can make sure PU is in all your new Unique ID's before uploading to github I would really appreciate it....

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; April 27th, 2017 at 09:45 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 28th, 2017, 10:38 AM
@Quintain I messed up in the procedure PUPsiFocus for the new tag. LOL Why I should not do things late at night. I will fix it when I get home tonight.

You can still change your script to use the new tag. But until I fix the procedure it won't detect the tag on the hero. Sigh...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old April 28th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Understood. Let me know when I can do a pull. I modified the script, but didn't do any additional testing. It's all good.
Quintain is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 28th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Understood. Let me know when I can do a pull. I modified the script, but didn't do any additional testing. It's all good.
Ok its been fixed and committed to GitHub. Hopefully this weekend I will update the additional abilities that are not using the procedure. This way the logic will be totally consistent through out.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old April 28th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Ok its been fixed and committed to GitHub. Hopefully this weekend I will update the additional abilities that are not using the procedure. This way the logic will be totally consistent through out.
What timing should I put on my script? I have the perform hero.assign[MythicPsi.PsiFocus] call in there, but don't see it visibile on the character.
Quintain is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old April 28th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I am hoping "fmyExTrans" is not really the final unique id you used for this. ALL community Things for Psionics must have "PU" in it. No exception to this rule as we have to prevent clashing with official Unique ID's. If you can make sure PU is in all your new Unique ID's before uploading to github I would really appreciate it....
There were some Mythic Psionic abilities that started out "cMOM...", so I followed that convention.

The feats, I can change to "fPUM..." for feat, Psionic Unleashed, Mythic.
Quintain is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 28th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Quote:
What timing should I put on my script? I have the perform hero.assign[MythicPsi.PsiFocus] call in there, but don't see it visible on the character.
Timing will need to be BEFORE any script that is calling PUPsiFocus is run. This is not a set standard. You would have to look at every script to figure out when this is. Looking quickly you will need to be at least BEFORE Pre-Level/10000.

Quote:
There were some Mythic Psionic abilities that started out "cMOM...", so I followed that convention.
The Pack has only one thing with cMoM as a unique id actually and its for the Unchained Monk of Many Styles. The idea is to have PU in Unique ID.

Quote:
The feats, I can change to "fPUM..." for feat, Psionic Unleashed, Mythic.
fPU is the standard if you want fPUMy that is fine but its the fPU that is the important part.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 28th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Quote:
What timing should I put on my script? I have the perform hero.assign[MythicPsi.PsiFocus] call in there, but don't see it visibile on the character.
Most likely because Resources Left I think is not done until like Final/50000 or something. So if your testing for a resource left value before then it most likely returns zero.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote