Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ruhar

Old July 8th, 2020, 02:52 PM
Is anyone noticing RW starting up slower than usual lately? Or is it just me and my computer?
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old July 9th, 2020, 10:23 AM
I have pumped a lot of info over the year and I haven't noticed any slowness. If you are having magnetic disk that is old it might be contributing to this if it is degrading. Also busy computer can cause this.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 10th, 2020, 05:27 AM
Also, over time the database gets bigger, so compacting the database will remove all the dross that might possibly slow it down. Also, reindexing could also help.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old July 11th, 2020, 05:32 PM
Thanks guys. My computer isn't real old so I don't think it was that. I think I need to do a tuneup on it.

Farling, thanks for the info. I do have sevaral databases. I didn't think they were that big but I'll look into compacting them as well as reindexing them.
ruhar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old July 11th, 2020, 10:13 PM
Putting RW database on SSD will increase the performance noticeably. Also, what I observed is putting the process priority to High or Realtime also leads to noticeable performance improvements. I do the process trick when I am heavily entering data or use RW during session.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 12th, 2020, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Thanks guys. My computer isn't real old so I don't think it was that. I think I need to do a tuneup on it.

Farling, thanks for the info. I do have sevaral databases. I didn't think they were that big but I'll look into compacting them as well as reindexing them.
All your realms are stored inside a single database. So working on one realm can possibly impact on the performance of other realms.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is online now   #6 Reply With Quote