Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old August 15th, 2014, 01:09 PM
We're getting ready to start a Necessary Evil game and our GM wanted to add some modifiers he found on the savagepedia to some of the powers. So into the Editor he went trying to add, in this case, the Organic (-2) modifier to the Decay power.

Here's the Modifier he created:
Code:
  <thing id="spmCOOrgan" name="Organic Only" description="This modifier causes Decay to only affect organic materials such as flesh, wood, rope, and so on. Metals, plastic, and other inorganic materials are not affected." compset="SPCModify" summary="Decay only affects organic materials such as flesh, wood, etc." uniqueness="unique">
    <fieldval field="spmModVal" value="2"/>
    <usesource source="NE"/>
    <tag group="MathOps" tag="Subtract" name="Subtract" abbrev="Subtract"/>
    </thing>
He then had to preclude the Decay power and make a copy adding this new modifier. Here's the Power:

Code:
  <thing id="spcCODecay" name="Decay" description="This truly terrible power destroys matter. Each full round spent in contact with a substance destroys 10 pounds of matter.\n\nLiving beings touched by decay must make a Vigor roll or suffer a wound. Touching the victim typically requires a touch attack with a Called Shot to hit exposed skin." compset="SPCPower" summary="Each round of contact destroys 10 pounds of matter. Living beings must make a Vigor roll or suffer a Wound." uniqueness="unique">
    <fieldval field="spcPoints" value="3"/>
    <fieldval field="spcDamage" value="Special"/>
    <fieldval field="spcTraps" value="Rust, corrosion, rot."/>
    <usesource source="NE"/>
    <tag group="SPCPwrMod" tag="spmDevice" name="Device" abbrev="Device"/>
    <tag group="SPCPwrMod" tag="spmLimb" name="Extra Limb Powers" abbrev="Extra Limb Powers"/>
    <tag group="SPCPwrMod" tag="spmMidasTo" name="Midas Touch" abbrev="Midas Touch"/>
    <tag group="SPCPwrMod" tag="spmRapidDe" name="Rapid Decay" abbrev="Rapid Decay"/>
    <tag group="SPCPwrMod" tag="spmSlowAct" name="Slow Device Activitation" abbrev="Slow Device Activitation"/>
    <tag group="SPCPwrMod" tag="spmStrong" name="Strong (Decay)" abbrev="Strong (Decay)"/>
    <tag group="SPCPwrMod" tag="spmSwitchA" name="Switchable (Alternate)" abbrev="Switchable (Alternate)"/>
    <tag group="SPCPwrMod" tag="spmSwitchB" name="Switchable (Base)" abbrev="Switchable (Base)"/>
    <tag group="SPCPwrMod" tag="spmCOOrgan" name="Organic" abbrev="Organic"/>
    <tag group="thing" tag="holder_top" name="Top Holder" abbrev="???"/>
    <containerreq phase="Initialize" priority="400">source.SuperPower</containerreq>
    <child entity="SPCPower"></child>
    </thing>
Everything compiles fine and then we try to set up a character using the Necessary Evil source give him the Decay power, add some positive modifiers to it then hit Midas Touch (a -2 modifier) which works fine, then add Organic Only (-2) and the -2 doesn't get added in. It works fine if I select just Organic Only or Organic Only and any of the -1 modifiers (or Midas Touch and any of the -1 modifiers for that matter), but it doesn't want to seem to add up Midas Touch with Organic Only. Anyone have some idea what we might be screwing up here?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 18th, 2014, 08:00 PM
OK, waitaminnit.

The Power costs 3 points. The minimum cost is 1 point. Anything more than a -2 wouldn't make a difference. Until you apply some positive mods. However, without knowing which positive mods are being applied, I can't tell. Remember, though, it goes: Adds/Subtracts, then Multiplies/Divides.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 19th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Ok, I forgot to list the positive modifiers in the example above so let me put it this way. I create a character, give it the Decay power with the code above in place. For modifiers we start with the cost of the power itself (3) I select, in order, Rapid Decay (+2, bring us to 5), then Midas Touch (-2, bringing us back to 3), then this new Organic Only modifier (-2, but my power cost total still stands in Hero Lab at 3). Then let's say I add Device (-1) and the cost drops to 2. Now let's stay I remove Midas Touch, the cost remains at 2. If I then remove Organic Only it then jumps to 4. So all of the modifiers work on their own just find but when I have Midas Touch and Organic Only together they seem to only recognize the modifier for one of them just ignoring the other and I can't figure out why.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 26th, 2014, 11:41 AM
That is odd. Could you send me the .user file with the Organic Only modifier?

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 26th, 2014, 08:29 PM
OK, figured it out. It's the code on this end, not yours. This one is serious enough to pause my work on the Sci-Fi Companion and get a fix out. I've got some time this week, I'll fast track it. I'll also go over the current bug list and hit those while I'm at it.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 27th, 2014, 04:26 AM
Ah, ok. Thanks as always Caped!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote