Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

gamemasterbob

Old July 26th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Well this probably isn't news but after using ddidownloader (took about 20 hours) I attampted to run 4e and got this error in a pop up as HL was loading:

"The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors:
The pRacGorCha'-Tag Group 'AttackVs' does not comply with min/max tag limits"

Then an OK button.

You show in your website screenshots 4th edition working. Some people buy your program because of this and then they discover that the process is NOT user friendly and quite complicated and at times not even possible.
I'm a bit of a nerd. Not all gamers are. I have experience with computers and found this annoying but managable. And I wasn't suprised that it didn't work.
So what can be done to make it work?
BTW I realy enjoy Hero Lab and look forward to Realm Works. Good Job (ddidownloader not included... sorry :-/)
gamemasterbob is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Squeeks1337

Old July 26th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamemasterbob View Post
"The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors:
The pRacGorCha'-Tag Group 'AttackVs' does not comply with min/max tag limits"
I actually just created an account on the forums to post about this issue. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. It also doesn't help that I emailed the support team and haven't gotten a response on this yet. So, at this point I'd be willing to listen to anyone's solutions to this.
Squeeks1337 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks for those of you who reported this. Sorry for the delay in replying - we're looking into this now and will try to resolve the issue ASAP.
Colen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Dragoncroft

Old July 30th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Has a fix been found for the PRacGorCha Tag Group Attack VS does not comply with min/max tag limits?

I was trying out Hero Labs in hopes it would be a good character builder for me but I can't get past this error once I did the Compendium download. I'd really like to test it.
Dragoncroft is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
nysthul

Old August 5th, 2012, 04:59 AM
I purchased this software after testing it in June and now it doesn't work for 4e. it's been several days since Colen acknowledged this is an issue... but no updates. Emails to support have taken over a week to get a simple response, I'm very disappointed.
nysthul is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old August 8th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Heres My 2 cents on all of this.
I understand that some of you are frustrated at this point, but I would also like to say that most of Lone Wolf is probably getting ready to head to Gen-Con as are some of the users of HL, so I would be say give them the benifit here. They are very good about support and I would think that since things have changed in the DDI that they need to redo the downloader again to make up for it. That is a hard task, please help them by listing problems and make sure that you check the thread that Colen started addressing that they know the downloader is in need of a fix and how to by pass the issue so that HL will work.
I am a customer just as all of you and I have supported this company for years now, they are always good to the customers you may just have to wait for this fix.
SAbel is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Hi there,

I just wanted to say sorry for the inconvenience for everyone - we released an update last week that should have resolved this issue, so give that a try if you haven't already. Things have been even busier than normal around here with the run-up to Gen Con, so we've been pulled in a bunch of directions recently.
Colen is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old August 26th, 2012, 11:36 PM
My Avira scanning software marks the "ddi_downloader.exe" as a trojan (it is already the 3rd update). Any idea?
tkarn is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hi there,

We've tested the downloader with multiple different antivirus solutions which haven't found any issues with it - we're confident that this is a false positive being reported by Avira. Due to how viruses are detected these days, the chance of a false positive is relatively high, so I assume the latest version of the downloaded just happens to look similar enough to a certain virus for Avira to freak out about it.

I've submitted it to their "false positive" update service, so they should be able to remove this from their virus listings soon. I'll post in this forum when we hear back from them.

Thanks for your report!
Colen is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 5th, 2012, 12:10 PM
You can find the reply from Avira in this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=22773.

It turns out it was a false positive and it should be addressed.
John is offline   #30 Reply With Quote