Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Greebo

Old August 26th, 2013, 10:32 PM
A calendar tool that is able to handle intercalary months (for lunisolar calendars) and moon phases for different moons (our fantasy campaign world has to moons with different phases) would be a definite plus.

+1
Greebo is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
AzrofD

Old September 10th, 2013, 02:29 AM
+1 this.

Will the calendar include functionality to include various moon alignments and orbits, along with icons or notes for holidays in a fairly straightforward manner?
AzrofD is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzrofD View Post
Will the calendar include functionality to include various moon alignments and orbits, along with icons or notes for holidays in a fairly straightforward manner?
+1

I have hacked WeatherMaster for this. Would love this functionality in RW.
weogarth is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
chava

Old October 30th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Some extra things that would be handy for the calendar: Repeating events (ie certain holidays and such that happen every year so we just have to put in the date and a checkbox so it is tagged for every year, or every decade). I'd also like to have a way to track celestial bodies (moon, constellations, etc) so that if a player gets bit by a were i'll have that info at my fingertips.

Edit: And a way to enter a date as just a year without needed to specify a month/day.

Last edited by chava; October 30th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
chava is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
GuernseyMan

Old November 18th, 2013, 01:38 PM
+1 need for a really flexible calendar system.

I'm running a campaign in Shadow World (Rolemaster) and need to keep track of the Kulthean Calendar. I will also need 25 hours in each day.

Will the system track other calendars as well. Some of my game involves a crossover to Spacemaster which uses a Standard Imperial Calendar which has different day/month/year lengths to the planetary one. I would love to be able to synchronise the two.
GuernseyMan is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Prince of Morgoth

Old November 22nd, 2013, 08:10 AM
absolutely looking forward to custom calendars! I'd like to be able to model forgotten realms, greyhawk and golarion calendars including all the weird number of months and/or days, moon cycles (multiple moons) and festivals.
Prince of Morgoth is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 24th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I presume that, regardless of how the main game calendar offsets to real world date/time (if it even does), all your material is flagged with creation/modification/view dates, right?
That is, can I create a list of material that (as examples):
1) I haven't modified in the last 6 months?
2) My player Astanel has viewed this week?
Bidmaron is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
glassboy

Old November 26th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Hi when you implement the final calendar control the ability to enter the date via the keyboard, rather than a mouse driven control will be essential. I don't want to have to click back from the current date to 931BC to enter the death date of Abdul Alhazred for example.
glassboy is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 26th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassboy View Post
Hi when you implement the final calendar control the ability to enter the date via the keyboard, rather than a mouse driven control will be essential. I don't want to have to click back from the current date to 931BC to enter the death date of Abdul Alhazred for example.
Our game calendar control allows quick navigation to various years. If you click on the "Month, Year", it will zoom out to show a year at a time. If you then click on the "Year", it will zoom out to show a decade. Keep clicking and it will eventually zoom out to show the epochs, which for Gregorian calendar is BCE and CE. Click in on one of those to zoom in and keep zooming to get to the appropriate item. It takes a few clicks, but it is certainly faster than clicking forward or backward by a month at a time.

As far as supporting keyboard input for the calendars, that becomes quite tricky and most likely won't be available for a while. Since the calendar mechanism is designed to support custom game calendars that can be in very different formats. Also, we support defining several different formats for showing dates and we would need to come up with ways of parsing the user entered data either by forcing it to follow the current display date format or make guesses for formatting by trying each display format and then possibly having problems because of two display formats having conflicting versions of dates.

Basically, the custom calendar mechanism is very flexible and supports a good portion of real and made-up calendar systems we are aware of. It is also very complex and we haven't had the chance to visit the editing portion to make it accessible to a good portion of users which is why it is disabled currently.

It is definitely on our radar to allow for keyboard input of dates. We just have a number of things to work out before allowing it.
davidp is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
glassboy

Old November 26th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Ahhh, thanks for explaining that control.
glassboy is offline   #20 Reply With Quote