Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

nylanfs

Old January 29th, 2012, 08:17 AM
I'm getting the same error when I create a new identity with the latest version.

Click on "Add New Identity" > Add Fake Sin > Add Fake License > Name License

Gives validation error.
nylanfs is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 29th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Is this license error in creation mode or advancement mode? That's always important to say when you're reporting a bug in these files, because the gear mechanisms change a lot when you switch modes.
Mathias is online now   #32 Reply With Quote
Peter Smith

Old January 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Is this license error in creation mode or advancement mode? That's always important to say when you're reporting a bug in these files, because the gear mechanisms change a lot when you switch modes.
I'm able to duplicate it in Advancement Mode.
Peter Smith is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 29th, 2012, 09:47 AM
It's in advancement mode.
cryptoknight is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM
When adding a new license, are you renaming the item, using the box that spans the width of the purchase form, or are you filling in the item-specific details - that box is below the item name's box, next to the rating.

Getting all items to not let you leave that form until you've filled in the item-specific details is something that's on the to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #35 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old January 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I think I see the problem. When in advancement mode, if I add a fake license to an existing SIN purchased in creation mode, the box that's normally there during character creation to type in the thing the license is for, is missing.

If I then edit the fake license, I can enter the name, but the text box that's normally there during creation isn't the same one.
cryptoknight is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 29th, 2012, 10:17 AM
When you add a fake license in advancement mode, there should be two boxes for you to use to enter text on the item purchase form.

The top one is to rename the item - in creation mode, you would get to that by right-clicking the item and choosing "Edit Name of..." (edit name also works in advancement mod).

The one below it is the same as the text-entry box you'd see in the item's display if you had added that item during creation mode.

The lower one is the one you want to fill out before you leave the item purchase form (because there's no way to open that form again after you press OK).

(Just to double-check, we're talking about the fake license, not the real license, right? - there was a bug in the real license that will be fixed in the next update - it wasn't even opening the item purchase form).
Mathias is online now   #37 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old January 29th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Ok,

I go to to social on a character in advance.
Click the Edit this Gear button
Under licenses and fake SINS I press Add Licenses and Fake Sins
I click Fake License and select a rating (4)
If I Customize it on that page I can enter a Fake License Domain
If I don't I come back to the Edit Identity page and I don't have a box to enter the domain for the fake license.

However,

If during character creation, I follow the same workflow, when I get back to the Edit Identity screen, the License is sitting there with a box next to it for me to enter the domain of the fake license.
cryptoknight is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 29th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Ok,

I go to to social on a character in advance.
Click the Edit this Gear button
Under licenses and fake SINS I press Add Licenses and Fake Sins
I click Fake License and select a rating (4)
If I Customize it on that page I can enter a Fake License Domain
If I don't I come back to the Edit Identity page and I don't have a box to enter the domain for the fake license.

However,

If during character creation, I follow the same workflow, when I get back to the Edit Identity screen, the License is sitting there with a box next to it for me to enter the domain of the fake license.
This is as intended - during creation, you can re-open items to change your mind about exactly what you bought a license for or alter ratings if you need to save a few nuyen or have a few nuyen to spare.

During advancement, you purchased a "Fake License: Concealed Carry Permit", rating 3, and it will always be a concealed carry permit at that rating. You can't change that to a "Fake License: Hunting License", rating 2 unless you sell the concealed carry permit and purchase a hunting license. You've already spent nuyen on the fake permit, so it's no longer edit-able.

Last edited by Mathias; January 29th, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
Mathias is online now   #39 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old January 29th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I understand the need for that, but if you make a mistake, or tpyo something and want to correct it, you're prohibited from doing so.
cryptoknight is offline   #40 Reply With Quote