Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault

Notices

khime

Old April 21st, 2006, 06:39 AM
I've recently started using Card Vault to catalog my Magic card collection, and this includes cards all the way back to Antiquities. Because some sets have multiple cards with the same artist and name but different art, card images are a must for this effort. But it appears the current version of the Magic data files can only download images files for the more recent expansions. Older sets simply return a slew of errors (like "Web site returned error page: http://www.findmagiccards.com/GF/USC/MTGC/RV/ARMTULL1.jpeg") when trying to download anything from roughly before 8th edition (such as Fallen Empires or Alliances)

It looks like either the web site has changed the name/location of card images for older sets, or the data files are trying to download the Revised edition image for every single older card, and it is failing. The paths with the errors all include RV, but the URLs for working image files on that web site have the expansion's abbreviation, like FE for Fallen Empires.

I didn't see any other topic on this issue, and could not find a seperate forum for discussing the Magic data files specifically.
khime is offline   #1 Reply With Quote