Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Geg

Old November 18th, 2014, 11:38 PM
First of all: Woohoo! Player Edition

As a GM ,how can I preview the content that will be viewable in Player Edition?
Geg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old November 18th, 2014, 11:55 PM
I'd like to do the same. I purchased an extra licence to try as a different login (and that way I have a spare licence anyway), but it doesn't look like I can change users.
DMG is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:03 AM
The documentation (in the Gamer's Guide) says you should be able to preview it using an "Enter Player Mode" button next to "Begin Game Session" at the end of the Home Ribbon, but I don't have that button.

To change users, use a different Windows user account or go into your User folder and move, rename, or delete the Realm Works local database folder at:
Code:
explorer "%APPDATA%\LWD Technology, Inc\Realm Works"

Last edited by Parody; November 19th, 2014 at 12:21 AM.
Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Geg

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:13 AM
I just reviewed the documentation (Gamer's Guide, p.6): It shows a few more buttons like "roll dice" or "Enter Playermode"...

But I don't have these buttons

Geg is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:30 AM
I have to ask the obvious question here. Have you made sure to download and install the latest version? The new version went live at around 10:45pm Pacific time.

If you have the latest version installed, you should see ribbon buttons for "Cloud Sync" and then "Enter Player Mode".

Since I don't even see a "Cloud Sync" button in the screen shot, it looks to me like you might be a Kickstarter backer than backed at the Pack Member level - with no cloud. Player Edition requires the cloud to operate - that's how everything is synced to players - so it's not available unless you have cloud services. Could that be the problem?

If you DO have cloud services (i.e. retail purchase this year or Kickstarter backer at Pack Hunter or higher), then there may be an error with how we've done things. It could be a error in the product or possibly an error with how your account is configured on our end. Either way, please submit a support ticket that includes your account name so that we can investigate and get it resolved.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Mine's a retail version & I don't have those buttons either. I'll submit a bug report shortly.
DMG is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Geg

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I have to ask the obvious question here. Have you made sure to download and install the latest version? The new version went live at around 10:45pm Pacific time.

If you have the latest version installed, you should see ribbon buttons for "Cloud Sync" and then "Enter Player Mode".

Since I don't even see a "Cloud Sync" button in the screen shot, it looks to me like you might be a Kickstarter backer than backed at the Pack Member level - with no cloud. Player Edition requires the cloud to operate - that's how everything is synced to players - so it's not available unless you have cloud services. Could that be the problem?

If you DO have cloud services (i.e. retail purchase this year or Kickstarter backer at Pack Hunter or higher), then there may be an error with how we've done things. It could be a error in the product or possibly an error with how your account is configured on our end. Either way, please submit a support ticket that includes your account name so that we can investigate and get it resolved.
The Version Number is 1.0.1023.183. I bought the retail version with cloud service. I submitted a bug report 15 Minutes ago.
Geg is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Same here and bug report submitted.

Rob indicated in the other thread this should be looked at shortly (tomorrow).

Not a Major issue for me - just happy player version is out
Jaynay27 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
monsterfurby

Old November 19th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Getting the same issue with a normal release GM version, good to see you guys are on it
monsterfurby is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 19th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Downloaded 1.0.1023.183 last night, higher than Pack Member in the Kickstarter, no buttons.

Aside: It's too bad this isn't 1.1.23.183, if you're going to drop the 1000 when talking about releases anyway. Player Edition is worth a minor version number.

Last edited by Parody; November 19th, 2014 at 08:28 AM.
Parody is offline   #10 Reply With Quote