Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Eilserves

Old September 7th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
It would take a huge amount of code to properly fix all the possible permutations of stacking errors that can occur when Gestalting classes that offer the same or similar features. Due to the way HL handles ability increases, Gestalting classes with similar features will almost always cause those features to calculate incorrectly. To fix it the code would have to track every possible combination of class and account for all the abilities that could be duplicated. Usually, you can fix these kinds of issues with an Adjustment from either Personal or Adjustments tabs to force the ability level to be more appropriate.

Valdacil - Thanks for the response. Apologies, though, as I think you've misunderstood me, or perhaps I didn't properly present what I'm saying. I'm not talking about stacking errors or combining classes that share class features.

I'm talking about Monk levels in general. The second, gestalted class, can be anything as it has no bearing on the issue I'm describing. Let's use Fighter just for sake of discussion. Make a Level 6 Gestalt Monk-Fighter, and you should have 6 uses of Stunning Fist, per the Monk ability. However, you will only have 1. This can be worked around by an adjustment to increase uses per day, but is not properly counting the monk levels.

Interestingly, however, it does recognize the monk levels to add the option to apply fatigue in place of Stun. So it's not fully failing to read levels. I'll do some more digging/experimenting, but wanted to clarify what I was reporting.
Eilserves is offline   #201 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old September 11th, 2018, 01:40 PM
After a little more digging, I've narrowed it down to the core Monk class that seems to be at fault. Unchained monk works fine. Core Monk, and therefore Brawler and Talented Monk since the are both built off the Core Monk frame, experience the issues. Don't know if that will help any, still looking into it to see if I can find a fix on my end.
Eilserves is offline   #202 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 15th, 2018, 05:53 AM
Most of my issues seem to come from third party classes. Mainly Spheres of Power and Path of War. Fortunately, there are plenty of adjustments for both of those, and they're (semi-)easily fixed.

Gestalt frequently likes to calculate both sides, plus the Gestalt class, as part of the initiator level. In this case, I just take the initiator level adjustment, and add enough that the numerical value calculated by the stance or maneuver goes upwards to the next increment, so I know what HL assumes my initiator level actually is, then adjust downwards to what the actual IL should be.

Gestalt generally likes Spheres of Power, but there have been a few bugs which occur with gestalt, but not with the straight SoP files. Advanced Magic Training likes to count multiple levels, the same as the passive initiator level (half of non-current initiator levels count to initiator level). This feat, essentially does the same thing as the passive PoW feature, but is fixed even easier since the Spheres of Power tabs show what HL is calculating as the Caster Level, and there are adjustments for both total caster level and for within each sphere.
Ualaa is offline   #203 Reply With Quote
iceman0486

Old November 14th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Alright, I feel like I’m doing something dumb. Trying to gestalt a character but under the classes there’s “nothing to select”. I read that I need to select my two gestalt classes under the “class” tab but it looks like there is only one option.
iceman0486 is offline   #204 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old November 14th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman0486 View Post
Alright, I feel like I’m doing something dumb. Trying to gestalt a character but under the classes there’s “nothing to select”. I read that I need to select my two gestalt classes under the “class” tab but it looks like there is only one option.
When doing a Gestalt, on the Class tab in Hero Lab you add a level of Gestalt, then a level of both classes you are Gestalting, such as Fighter and Wizard. After that you should be able to go to the Gestalt Tab and select each class in the drop-downs there.

Are you not seeing any classes on the Class tab?
Eilserves is offline   #205 Reply With Quote
iceman0486

Old November 15th, 2018, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilserves View Post
When doing a Gestalt, on the Class tab in Hero Lab you add a level of Gestalt, then a level of both classes you are Gestalting, such as Fighter and Wizard. After that you should be able to go to the Gestalt Tab and select each class in the drop-downs there.

Are you not seeing any classes on the Class tab?
Yep, I was doing something dumb. I was not adding in the additional levels in Classes before going to the Gestalt tab. Thank you!
iceman0486 is offline   #206 Reply With Quote
GrinningJest3r

Old December 16th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Is there a way to edit (or duplicate locally) the gestalt class to allow for more than 20 levels?
GrinningJest3r is offline   #207 Reply With Quote
JaceSilverfang

Old March 19th, 2019, 09:08 PM
After the last herolab update, the gestalt core file is apparently not able to be detected. I don't know how to fix this as it is causing the gestalt pack to error.
JaceSilverfang is offline   #208 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 20th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Can you post a snaggit of your error?

I've got the Gestalt package, without any issues, so that would help the developer track down your issue.
Ualaa is offline   #209 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Error messages in Hero Lab can be right-clicked and copied, so that you can paste the text here without needing a screenshot. But yeah, without any details, we don't know what to investigate.
Mathias is offline   #210 Reply With Quote