Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old September 1st, 2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaflayed1 View Post
I have some questions about the new AB update I just got. I was building a list for an Ork army & found some bugs.

1) According to the latest GW FAQ, you can swap the Nob's Choppa for a Power Klaw, then swap the rest of the squad's Choppa/Slugga with Shootaz. As the Nob no longer has a Choppa/Slugga to swap, he is not required to swap weapons for a Shoota only. This is no longer allowed in the new AB file.

2) Per an email conversation I had with the rules people @ GW, the Nob is an upgrade NOT a replacement for 1 Boy in a mob of 30. The Mob can therefore take 3 weapon upgrades (Big Shootaz, Rokkit Launchaz, etc...). The Nob, however, cannot take that weapon upgrade also. Example: 29 Shoota Boys & a Nob can take 3 Big Shootaz, BUT the Nob cannot ALSO take a Big Shoota (which would give the unit more than 3). In the newest AB file, once I upgrade to a Nob, I cannot select 3 Big Shootaz for the rest of the Boyz, which GW says is allowed.

These are the only issues I have found so far. Please address, AB is too easy to use to have to go back to pen & paper!! Thanx!
1) It's a matter of priority. Upgrade the Nob, then upgrade the Boyz. Select the Nob again, and deselect Shoota - unit will be legal.

2) I'm not getting this problem - can you run through step-by-step?
UltraPrime is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
fyrebyrd

Old September 10th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I am using the version 1.09a release to answer your questions

Quote:
1) According to the latest GW FAQ, you can swap the Nob's Choppa for a Power Klaw, then swap the rest of the squad's Choppa/Slugga with Shootaz. As the Nob no longer has a Choppa/Slugga to swap, he is not required to swap weapons for a Shoota only. This is no longer allowed in the new AB file.
This function is working properly, you will just need to deselect the shoota in the nob's unit options.

Quote:
2) Per an email conversation I had with the rules people @ GW,
Let me stop you there. We only work from the official printed FAQ's released by GW/FW. Therefore references to those unofficial answers from email or otherwise can not be regarded with validation until published officially on their website.

Quote:
the Nob is an upgrade NOT a replacement for 1 Boy in a mob of 30.
I agree, Because if the Nob was a replacement instead then the Nob would not retain any previous wargear granted to him by being an boy in the mob(there is no specific initial nob wargear listed). How could he then replace a slugga and/or choppa for other items if he doesn't have them. The word upgrade is why the nob still has his armour, slugga/choppa. An upgrade is just that, a nob is still an ork boy that has been upgraded to a nob, (if GW wanted it to replace a boy they surely would have used that terminology as they have before.)

Quote:
The Nob, however, cannot take that weapon upgrade also.
Moving forward now, the weapon upgrade to big shoota, rokkit launchaz, etc, is offered to an ork in the mob, not a boy. Because of this wording in your codex, this is indeed how a nob could in fact carry one of those weapon upgrades.

Quote:
The Mob can therefore take 3 weapon upgrades (Big Shootaz, Rokkit Launchaz, etc...). Example: 29 Shoota Boys & a Nob can take 3 Big Shootaz, BUT the Nob cannot ALSO take a Big Shoota (which would give the unit more than 3). In the newest AB file, once I upgrade to a Nob, I cannot select 3 Big Shootaz for the rest of the Boyz, which GW says is allowed.
Let me clarify because your sentence is troubling to follow, You are allowed one Big shoota for every ten orks in the mob. So at 29 and a nob(30), you are allowed three. Its up to you if one Big shoota is in the nob's hands or if all 3 are in normal boyz hands. The program does properly recognize if one is on the nob or not in regards to the total allowed.

I hope this answers the questions. I am here to help. Also you are always welcome to post your questions and bugs directly on our website and we may just respond a bit faster...

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
fyrebyrd is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
axeman1n

Old September 21st, 2010, 07:29 PM
Any word on the IG infantry squads not able to take heavy weapons teams?
axeman1n is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
fyrebyrd

Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:16 AM
This is resolved in the impending release/patch, coming soon...

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
fyrebyrd is offline   #14 Reply With Quote