Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Marediv

Old March 10th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Ok I am trying to figure out how to build the Sword of Kas in the program. Yes I know it is a AD&D item, but my GM has decided to use the Forgotten Realms as the world we are in and I recently gained the Sword of Kas. I am trying to find out how to build it in the system. It has the abilities as per the Critical Roles version of the sword.

Any help would be appreciated, I have dealt very little with the Editor mainly taking a item already mad and adding a function to it.
Marediv is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Marediv

Old March 11th, 2019, 12:20 PM
I am trying to build it now any idea how to get bane from 2d6 to 2d10?
Marediv is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 11th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Its currently hard coded, but I can set it up to use fields. It'll have to wait for the next release though.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Marediv

Old March 11th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Ok I can work around it for now.

How do i get spells from the weapon to show up on sheets and is there a way to add a die of initiative. Finally anyway to get stats besides typing them in the notes?

Thank in advance for your help with this.
Marediv is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 11th, 2019, 02:21 PM
Any item spells on the weapon should show on a printed sheet. Does your weapon have the Helper.EquipAvail tag? If so, you may need to equip the weapon prior to printing for its spells to show.

I don't understand what you mean by "add a die of initiative", you mean like a 2nd roll of initiative where you pick the 2nd, go twice in the initiative order of the Tactical Console, or just some variable number to your normal bonus?

Intelligence stats are usually just placed in the description when you have a specific pre-built weapon.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Marediv

Old March 12th, 2019, 08:01 AM
Add a die as in you add 1d10 to your initiative roll.

where would i find the Helper.EquipAvail tag?

First time building a weapon from scratch
Marediv is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Marediv

Old March 12th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Ok I am trying to alter the bane using the bane Eval scripts how would I have it apply and be bane vs undead
Marediv is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2019, 08:43 AM
For the initiative question, I would find something that adds a situational bonus to initiative (for a good example, copy the Hive Mind ability on the racial specials tab - it's something used by the Formian race), and instead of phrasing the text as something that happens at certain times, I'd just say "+1d10".
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 12th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Any tag can be added to the definition of a thing by hitting the blue "Tags" button in the upper right of the editor. The text before "." is the Tag Group, and the text after "." is the Tag ID, when adding a tag through this button, the "." is not included in either. Alternately, in the central column, if you scroll down to the section for "Display Information", you will see a line for "Available When Equipped?". Checking the box there will automatically apply the tag I mentioned.

Adding a variable amount to initiative, the simplest way to handle that would be to use the #situational macro, targetting the Initiative pick on the hero. Like so:

Code:
      #situational[hero.child[Initiative],"Add 1d10 to roll",field[thingname].text]
There are more complex ways to let the user enter a specific number which they rolled, but I'd say keep it simple for a start.

For pre-setting the target of the Bane power when you build a pre-built weapon, copy and take a look at the weapon "Seaspike" from the "Ruins of Azlant" AP. In the set of buttons in the upper right, there is one for Gizmo, open that, then a form will pop up with a button for "Bootstraps", and in the list of bootstraps you should see the bane power. It has a field set where it is bootstrapped here, to make it Bane vs. aberrations.

You can't manipulate the values with scripts currently, as I said. That will need to wait for the update.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Marediv

Old March 12th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Ok I have it with the initiative and shows spells on teh program as item spells, but still can not get it on the print out and I think I put everything the way you suggested
Marediv is offline   #10 Reply With Quote