Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Septerran

Old June 3rd, 2020, 06:35 PM
I hope everyone's doing well during this rough time. The extra time at home as given me ample opportunity to work on my campaign setting, so that's keeping me quite entertained. Unfortunately, I've run into a bit of a problem that I can't find an easy way to resolve and I'm hoping someone has the time to help me out.

I've created a few new classes -- one of which is just a direct copy of Paladin with the alignment requirement set to 'match deity' -- but I can't find a way to make favored class options available for the class without changing every race. I've bootstrapped all the favored class options(for example: fcPalElf) but when I test it, it doesn't show. For custom races I've created, I have specifically created favored class options and done the bootstrapping for those(both in race and class) and it shows up fine. Selecting a core race, or any race for which I have not explicitly created a custom FC option, does not give me any option except '+1 HP'(I have Skill Groups enabled so I don't expect +1 Skillpoint to show).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and stay safe!
Septerran is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old June 4th, 2020, 06:11 AM
Dont change the entire class for one feature. Make it an archetype, that modifies that requirement. That will make your life a lot easier, because you will run into other things that broke.

The same as deity requirement is about 3 button presses as an archetype and will save you a LOT of trouble (I just tried doing it in the editor)

Last edited by Minous; June 4th, 2020 at 06:27 AM.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Septerran

Old June 6th, 2020, 06:43 PM
That, of course, makes a great deal of sense for classes which could easily qualify as an archetype. My use of Paladin was mostly experimental; I wanted to find a way to allow for existing favored class options and creating a direct copy of a class seemed the best way to narrow down the issue. If I can't make it work for a copy where all other settings, bootstraps, tags, etc. are the same then making it work for entirely new classes is likely to be even more difficult.

I do very much appreciate the suggestion, though.
Septerran is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old June 8th, 2020, 04:15 AM
If you are creating new classes you need to create new FCB, most of the code is class specific.
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Septerran

Old June 8th, 2020, 03:29 PM
Okay, thank you. I was hoping there was a way to just use an existing FCB from a different class/race combo, but it does make sense that new class = new FCB. I guess I was just trying to shortcut it. Thanks again.
Septerran is offline   #5 Reply With Quote