Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

Sgmendez

Old January 5th, 2015, 03:31 PM
So I tried to find an adjustment that added a single spell from another class (Restoration) to my spell list (Hunter). I only want to add it to the list, not to my list of spells known, so that I can take it as a spell known. But I could not find one, so my question is, is there one?
Sgmendez is offline   #1081
kinevon

Old January 6th, 2015, 04:00 AM
Not sure if you can find it, but the basic mechanics should be included in the Two-World Magic trait, which adds a cantrip/orison from a different class's spell list to the user's class list.
kinevon is offline   #1082
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 6th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinevon View Post
Not sure if you can find it, but the basic mechanics should be included in the Two-World Magic trait, which adds a cantrip/orison from a different class's spell list to the user's class list.
Yep this is the only way currently. But it does make for a good idea for an adjustment. I will add it to the "TO-DO" list.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1083
kinevon

Old January 6th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Actually, isn't there a Samsaran racial ability of this nature, as well?

Since I am not experienced with the editor, I am not sure if either of these abilities are available to copy...
kinevon is offline   #1084
RavenX

Old January 6th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinevon View Post
Actually, isn't there a Samsaran racial ability of this nature, as well?

Since I am not experienced with the editor, I am not sure if either of these abilities are available to copy...
The Samsaran race was part of a supplemental data package, so it is highly doubtful you just make a copy. One thing I have to do when doing official files for Pathfinder is to make a copy even though I can't save it, and then write down all the scripts and timings and all the pertinent details for the item in question. I will then modify it to fit the race I'm working on. However, if you just need to use the existing ability it can usually just be bootstrapped. If it's a bootstrapped ability I don't think it will throw a validation error for not having the supplemental license as bootstrapped racial abilities are usually left unsourced.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #1085
Eretas

Old January 7th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So note once you get the first errors HL has gone into safe mode so opening a .por file won't work.

I know how to fix one error. You need to remove the file "ImprovedWeaponFinesse.user" as that is in the Basic Pack now. I have fixed the install for next release to automatically remove this file. Until then you will have to manually remove it yourself. Sorry! See FAQ#5 here to find the folder that stores the file.

The other files appear almost as if you have duplicate version of your .user files? What HL is telling you is that you have the same "Thing" defined multiple times. Most likely from different files. So in example the file "spell_open_slots.user" use to be called "PFRPG_Spell_open_slots.user". So if you have both those files in your data folder HL will give errors. Is this what happening?
You got it all right... I have plenty of .user files. Should I delete them all and reinstalled your pack?
I remove all user file that did not begin by PFRPG. What should i do with the ImprovedWeaponFinesse.user?

Last edited by Eretas; January 7th, 2015 at 05:51 PM.
Eretas is offline   #1086
ShadowChemosh

Old January 7th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretas View Post
You got it all right... I have plenty of .user files. Should I delete them all and reinstalled your pack?
I remove all user file that did not begin by PFRPG. What should i do with the ImprovedWeaponFinesse.user?
Instead of delete you can move them to your desktop until the errors are gone.

ImprovedWeaponFinesse.user can easily delete this one as it is in the Basic Pack already.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1087
Eretas

Old January 10th, 2015, 12:34 PM
I still have some files missing I guess!
Are they files that I move at the wrong place?

Edit: The files are in Data/pathfinder as show in the second picture.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (143.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Capture1.PNG (77.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Eretas; January 10th, 2015 at 01:00 PM.
Eretas is offline   #1088
ShadowChemosh

Old January 10th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretas View Post
I still have some files missing I guess!
Are they files that I move at the wrong place?

Edit: The files are in Data/pathfinder as show in the second picture.
Those are "HL" official files and not anything to do my packs. The best way to fix that is to install Pathfinder again which is easy/quick. I do it sometimes myself.

Make sure HL is NOT running. Go to "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\download" folder and look for pathfinder.hl file and double click it. This will start the Pathfinder Game installer again. Let it totally install again and see if you problem is fixed. This is different than the HL software itself and no uninstall is required.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1089
Zan Thrax

Old January 10th, 2015, 04:29 PM
SC, is there any way to remove one of the Weapon Focus feats that are granted by certain classes / archetypes? I've got a Inspired Blade Swashbuckler / Kensai Magus whose redundant Weapon Focus feats are causing Hero Lab to throw an error.
Zan Thrax is offline   #1090
Closed Thread