Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Droopy-99

Old January 4th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I don't know if an issue like this is appropriate for the forum or not, if not feel free to remove it and scold me.

Has anyone else installed the latest HL 1.0c and been unable to save a portfolio?

The application shuts down and the log error text is:
C:\HeroLab\HeroLab.exe
1.0.c 103
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0043b4bc
Type: bad read

WinXPSP2. I have tried un/reinstalls of HL, I did purchase and activate a valid HL license.
I sent an email to the support email address, haven't heard a reply yet, just thought I'd throw some wider feelers out there.

Also neither Google nor Microsoft return any results for the address listed in the error.

Any thoughts?
Droopy-99 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
subfunk

Old January 4th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Same problem here. Sent an email to support yesterday. No response yet.
subfunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I just reproduced this problem. It looks like we broke something in the crunch to get all the editing stuff in place. :-(

I'll be researching this tonight and will be doing my best to get it fixed right away. Stay tuned for a status update....

Sorry for the hassle,
Rob

At 08:56 AM 1/4/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
I don't know if an issue like this is appropriate for the forum or not, if not feel free to remove it and scold me.

Has anyone else installed the latest HL 1.0c and been unable to save a portfolio?

The application shuts down and the log error text is:
C:HeroLabHeroLab.exe
1.0.c 103
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0043b4bc
Type: bad read

WinXPSP2. I have tried un/reinstalls, I did purchase and activate a valid license.
I sent an email to the support email address, haven't heard a reply yet, just thought I'd throw some wider feelers out there.

Also neither Google nor Microsoft return any results for the address listed in the error.

Any thoughts?
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
subfunk

Old January 4th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the update Rob.

I know the cruch doesn't always give you time to do enough regression testing ops: I'm looking forward to the fix.

How's the editor coming along? I've been working on a few Feats but I'm not sure what the object names are that I need to manipulate to get them to work correctly. I'm hoping the editor docs will have a few lists that will help in this regard.

Thanks,

Subfunk
subfunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2007, 11:55 PM
I have finally figured out the sources of both reported problems. Based on this research, I have good news and bad news.

Good news: The portfolio saving problem has now been fixed. I'll put together a bug fix release that addresses this problem presently.

Bad news: The issue with the hit points changing to -1 on loaded portfolios is due to an unanticipated side-effect of a change to the data files. This change is necessary to make the new editing stuff work. So one option is to change things back and break the editing. Alternately, we can leave things as they are and force everyone to re-enter the hit points. Fortunately, once hit points are re-entered a single time, everything should be fine. Since a proper fix that works with the editing will likely take at least until next week, we're just going to leave things as they are and apologize for the inconvenience. Sorry!

Look for a V1.0d update with the fix to saving files shortly....

-Rob
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2007, 12:35 AM
I'm posting an answer to your question below in a separate thread with a more appropriate subject line.

-Rob

At 08:40 PM 1/4/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
Thanks for the update Rob.

I know the cruch doesn't always give you time to do enough regression testing [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] I'm looking forward to the fix.

How's the editor coming along? I've been working on a few Feats but I'm not sure what the object names are that I need to manipulate to get them to work correctly. I'm hoping the editor docs will have a few lists that will help in this regard.

Thanks,

Subfunk
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Droopy-99

Old January 5th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Excellent news!
I downloaded and installed the 1.0d revision and can now save portfolios without any trouble. Thanks Rob, problem fixed!
Since I was never able to save a portfolio before, the HP bug has no effect on me, so I'm in good shape.
Droopy-99 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote