Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

cshadow133

Old March 2nd, 2020, 09:08 AM
Anyone,

Has anyone created one of these in HL? I was going to copy a werewolf to make a werepanther (similar to a leopard) but cannot seem to find any werecreatures/lycanthrops.

Anyone offer up any assistance if they have made it or not?

Shadow
cshadow133 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
cshadow133

Old March 2nd, 2020, 09:19 AM
Okay, I am an idiot. Templates is where they are. So, nevermind.
cshadow133 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 2nd, 2020, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshadow133 View Post
Okay, I am an idiot. Templates is where they are. So, nevermind.
Sometimes I post a question just because I know immediately after posting I'll discover the answer on my own.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
cshadow133

Old March 2nd, 2020, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Sometimes I post a question just because I know immediately after posting I'll discover the answer on my own.
Ha ha!! Don't I know that. And I could have sworn I searched for Werewolf, and then remembered the templates.

Since I may have your attention, if the panther had a climb speed (and werewolf doesnt), I added the below to the Eval Script (put it at the bottom). Would it work, not break anything?

Code:
 ~ Set our Climb speed
      field[Value].value += hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeed].value
      #applyvalue[xClimb,field[Value].value]
cshadow133 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 2nd, 2020, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Since I may have your attention, if the panther had a climb speed (and werewolf doesnt), I added the below to the Eval Script (put it at the bottom). Would it work, not break anything?

Code:
 ~ Set our Climb speed
      field[Value].value += hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeed].value
      #applyvalue[xClimb,field[Value].value]
LOL. I have no idea. It looks like it should compile at the very least. My recommendation is to try it and find out what happens. That's usually what I do.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
cshadow133

Old March 4th, 2020, 08:35 AM
Here is another question that is coming up. So, when you add the were-creature natural template first, it multiplies the skills in its entirety.

For instance, Werewolf, when you add the Natural template first, multiplies the 2+Int skills by 2. Werebear is multiplied by 6.

So when I setup the Werepanther, the DM says multiply by 3. Great. But when I add the Monk to it, it multiplies those skills as well since it is the first character class. Is there a way to bypass this? Or does someone know if it is supposed to multiply again?
cshadow133 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old March 4th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Here is another question that is coming up. So, when you add the were-creature natural template first, it multiplies the skills in its entirety.

For instance, Werewolf, when you add the Natural template first, multiplies the 2+Int skills by 2. Werebear is multiplied by 6.

So when I setup the Werepanther, the DM says multiply by 3. Great. But when I add the Monk to it, it multiplies those skills as well since it is the first character class. Is there a way to bypass this? Or does someone know if it is supposed to multiply again?
What? I have never heard of this. Were creatures have skill points based on their natural hit dice. They don't add to class skill points unless it raises your intelligence
Illyahr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote