Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

vardeman

Old August 28th, 2018, 10:33 AM
What the title says. I'm VERY disappointed that official support for Starfinder is only going to be via HLO. I do not need the extra bells and whistles that will eventually be part of HLO Starfinder. I just need what HLC can provide: Character creation. adjustments and conditions applied on the fly, tracking of exp & wealth gains.
vardeman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old August 4th, 2019, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vardeman View Post
What the title says. I'm VERY disappointed that official support for Starfinder is only going to be via HLO. I do not need the extra bells and whistles that will eventually be part of HLO Starfinder. I just need what HLC can provide: Character creation. adjustments and conditions applied on the fly, tracking of exp & wealth gains.
And that might be problematic in a legal sense. There isn't any issue in people coding these items for themselves, but publishing them can open a whole can of worms with Paizo and Lone Wolf.

Lone Wolf really wants people to move out of Classic and into HLO.
LazarX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 5th, 2019, 05:11 AM
Yes, we're excited about HLO. Just want to let you know that Classic isn't going anywhere! There are no plans to stop support for it, at all. Thanks!
Lj Stephens is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 5th, 2019, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
Yes, we're excited about HLO. Just want to let you know that Classic isn't going anywhere! There are no plans to stop support for it, at all. Thanks!
Does that mean there may be an HLC Starfinder release?

It's OK to say that you can't give an answer on that, of course. I remember past incidents where a Lone Wolf employee saying something would be supported when it turned out the resources didn't support it. There were tears.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 5th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
There are no plans to stop support for it, at all.
Not providing newer game systems within HL Classic sounds like stopping support for it.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
cybersavant

Old August 8th, 2019, 11:15 PM
My issue with HLO is that where we game, there is no internet. And my home service is not suited to streaming - i get lots of dropped signals and interruptions. Even downloading large updates like Pf can be challenging. I was looking forward to getting Sf, but now even if it goes to HLC i probably won't get it because i'm using a lot of 3PP sources to expand race, class and equipment choices.
cybersavant is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 8th, 2019, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersavant View Post
My issue with HLO is that where we game, there is no internet. And my home service is not suited to streaming - i get lots of dropped signals and interruptions.
They aren't interested in you as a customer. They are interested in me either, for the same reasons.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
GarThor

Old May 24th, 2020, 11:25 AM
I would be interested in a community pack for PF2E for the same reason... I already have HLC, and I really don't want to pay a monthly subscription for something that I might use twice and then not again for years...

I'd also be interested in contributing to such an endeavor, if someone else where to start one... =D

The WoTC 5E community pack is excellent.
GarThor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old May 24th, 2020, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarThor View Post
I would be interested in a community pack for PF2E for the same reason... I already have HLC, and I really don't want to pay a monthly subscription for something that I might use twice and then not again for years...

I'd also be interested in contributing to such an endeavor, if someone else where to start one... =D

The WoTC 5E community pack is excellent.
$10 for 6 months is not much of s subscription fee. You can also cancel the subscription so you don't have to pay for it for years if your not going to use it.
Toblakai is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
GarThor

Old July 16th, 2020, 06:00 PM
Hmm... for some reason I interpreted the standard membership to be a monthly fee... that's definitly not so bad then...

I'm still not sure I need it when I play so infrequently... but... >_>
GarThor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote