Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Avaret

Old May 10th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone was working on a hero lab file for Pure Steam.
Avaret is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nuzbad Ug Urdgunz

Old June 9th, 2014, 11:53 AM
No news?
Nuzbad Ug Urdgunz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Avaret

Old June 9th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Not yet. Haven't found anyone who has made a file for it yet, and apparently I am really really bad at using the editor.
Avaret is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Avaret

Old June 21st, 2014, 02:17 PM
So, still trucking along on the Pure Steam file. Gotta be honest, my wife is doing most ofl the work here because apparently, I am really bad at this whole editor thing. I can do routing and switching and all that good stuff, but I can't write a formula for an ability to save my life. That said, this is going to take a while so fair warning. Also still trying to decipher a problem with the chaplain. May not be a problem and may just be how I am reading it, but until I figure out which it is, progress on that portion is at a bit of a halt. Hopefully I'll have better news on progress in the future.
Avaret is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Avaret

Old June 29th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Alright folks, to those interested, still working on Pure Steam. So far, it's been interesting. Again, my wife has done most of the work on this to be entirely truthful. The current problem we are experiencing is with the class called the Gearhead. We are fairly certain Chaplain and feats are done. The problem we are encountering on said Gearhead is with contraptions. A gearhead can make x amount of contraptions per day of assorted levels. These contraptions are based on schematics which the gearhead will learn through study or various other means. Then it gets weird because each of these contraptions has charges it can be used per day. Unfortunately it seems that contraptions are basically containers because any given contraption may have more than one schematic in it. As such we are not quite sure how to set up any of this up in the editor and how we would get it to keep track of uses etc. So, we are doing our best to get this figured out, but any and all assistance on this would be most spiffy.
Avaret is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Avaret

Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
Howdy folks, still trucking along, and still stuck on contraptions. Found a way to allow 2 schematics to be in one contraption by copying the alchemist ability for extracts. Problem is some contraptions can have up to 4 schematics and we are stuck at not being able to combine more than 2. So, that's the latest. If anyone in the community comes up with a brilliant idea on this, feel free to let me know.
Avaret is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 3rd, 2014, 02:21 PM
If I understand correctly, you're using the existing Custom Spell thing with the tag from Combine Extracts to allow picking a second spell for the container? Unfortunately, you don't have access to the UI elements necessary to add a 3rd and 4th selector.

The only thing I can think of here is creating a new Custom Spell, which references your own custom built form. Might need to make a new tab and table to add it on as well. That's going to involve messing around with the raw XML and authoring kit stuff, which I am not sure how comfortable you are with.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Avaret

Old July 3rd, 2014, 06:48 PM
Level of comfort, 0. Will probably still give it a try. In the meantime I will focus on another part of the book and probably come back to that.
Avaret is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 8th, 2014, 09:00 PM
That's a good idea, get some practice in with easier things and then circle back to the complex stuff.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ub3r_n3rd

Old August 5th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Just ran across this thread and am thinking of picking up the Pure Steam for my group. Anyone have any files for Hero Lab they are going to share?
ub3r_n3rd is offline   #10 Reply With Quote