Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

enrious

Old July 30th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Oh, I wouldn't take what I or anyone not from LW say as definitive or authoritative, just (mis)informed speculation.

Also, I will never again complain about the amount of information I will need to enter into RW.
enrious is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old July 30th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
At last count I had just over 340 thousand pages on my wiki...

*head explodes!*
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old July 30th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Zaphod, I have been running the same campaign on and off since 1975... During my 20 years in the military often 2-3 times a week. And even when I was not running/playing, I was fairly diligent about inputting new source material as it released. As a for instance, there are just over 32 thousand 3.P (d20 and Pathfinder) spells out there (that I know of).

Monsters, feats, magic items, PCs/NPCs, classes, locations (primarily Greyhawk but over the years parties have gotten around) and lots of calendar (session logs) entries.

It all adds up but it was the play (never work) of decades. And computers make things so much easier than reams and reams of paper. Hence my keen interest in Realm Works since it was first announced.
Grey Mage is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
DarkHerald

Old July 31st, 2013, 02:00 PM
What will the cost be of Realm Works?
DarkHerald is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old July 31st, 2013, 02:59 PM
I don't think that's been announced, nor the price of the cloud service (if you so desire it). That said, you could get just Realm Works (no cloud service) for $35 during the Kickstarter, so that may give you a basis for speculation.
enrious is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old July 31st, 2013, 04:28 PM
I'm assuming that the prices will be determined by looking at the data gathered from usage during the Early Access period.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old July 31st, 2013, 04:51 PM
I think they said as much in one of their updates or FAQ.
enrious is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
Monsters, feats, magic items, PCs/NPCs, classes, locations (primarily Greyhawk but over the years parties have gotten around) and lots of calendar (session logs) entries.
The good news is that you won't have to do all that work. At least not by yourself. A lot of that information is undoubtedly going to be created by others as well. I'm sure a community-driven spell book and bestiary will crop up quickly (if they weren't already done by the alpha testers). Feats, classes, races and other game mechanics will roll in as well.

The stuff that is going to take time will be content creation. Especially copyrighted content as we'll each need to recreate the wheel for each thing. But I'm actually looking forward to cutting and pasting and tagging and metadataing everything for APs and modules and setting materials myself as it will force me to really read and think about each thing more actively.
AEIOU is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
curufea

Old August 1st, 2013, 08:56 PM
I'm also thinking that you may want to use the time to work out what information needs to go into Realm Works, and what is not - and can be kept on your wiki.

In other words, a triage (or cull) of data. If you can get stats on how often a page is accessed, or when it was last edited - that should give you a fair indication of how relevant it is to your current campaign.

That being said, if they do develop a mass import tool (something I'm also keen on for my wikis) - I will be developing tools to convert wiki formats to RM formats (if they get them)
curufea is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
Knightblde

Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:56 AM
I use RW as a player to "build" the world from the player's perspective. It is a great way to keep track of what has happened and what we know as players. We use this for the Pathfinder Carrion Crown Adventure Path.
Knightblde is offline   #140 Reply With Quote