Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Avaret

Old August 6th, 2014, 01:20 PM
At this time anything I have is nowhere near completion at this time sorry.
Avaret is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Avaret

Old September 17th, 2014, 10:00 PM
So, this is coming along slowly. Sorry about the length of time folks, but it has been a bumpy ride over here with all sorts of chaos. That said, progress is being made, albeit very slowly. Working on assorted parts of the book. Still have not figured out contraptions. Likewise I still don't understand how to export an xml file, much less anything else involved with it. Was going to try to extract the one for combine extracts and see if i could get it to serve my needs but alas, really bad at that sort of thing. Hoping to have a slightly better update before end of the month.
Avaret is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Avaret

Old November 25th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Good evening folks, sorry to drop off the face of the planet for a while, but suffice to say it has been relatively chaotic here. Actually extremely so. I am still doing what I can on this project but as stated I have no idea what I am actually doing here so again, fair warning on that. Right now I am working on the item properties, such as ablative punk'd etc. While I have all the text in place, I have no idea how to actually get it working so to speak. So if something adds 1d6 fire damage to a weapon, I don't actually know how to code that. I'll try to spend a bit of time on that soon unless someone else wants a copy of that portion of the file to take a crack at it. Still haven't figured out the xml or anything to get contraptions going on the gearhead. Anywho, that is the latest.
Avaret is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Avaret

Old November 25th, 2014, 08:00 PM
so i was working on descriptive text for beastly tattoo, but it mentions it has different plus values. Would I need to create a separate entry for each of the values or is there an easier way. sorry for the trouble.
Avaret is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
raventower

Old December 6th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Hey Avaret,

I plan on running a Pure Steam game in the future (trying to incorporate Kingdom-building rules into it as well). I just purchased hero lab and would like to use it for Pure Steam. I reached out to the creator of PS and haven't heard if they have any plans on taking advantage of HL. I wouldn't mind working together (im a newb at the editor myself) to try to build it into HL. I know its a lot of work but i think in the long run its worth it.
raventower is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Avaret

Old December 6th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Well I wouldn't turn down the assistance, that is for sure. I'm actually not at those particular computers at the moment(my desktop and my wife's), but when I get back home this evening I'll see what is actually accounted for between the two of us. Once I get that figured out I'll send you an update of where we are at and where your help could be utilized.
Avaret is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Avaret

Old June 6th, 2015, 06:44 AM
To anyone curious about the long period of radio silence on this project. Thus far all efforts have been disastrous. So far, we have lost the data files multiple times due to my wife's comp breaking, my comp breaking, both of our laptops dying as well, and the usb stick with the compiled data has gone missing. Pretty much it has been one piece of equipment failure after another. I have to say, the odds of completion at this rate are not looking good, but I'll see if I have it in me for yet another start from scratch. This message sent to you through, the public library, those are still a thing, visit yours today!
Avaret is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 6th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaret View Post
To anyone curious about the long period of radio silence on this project. Thus far all efforts have been disastrous. So far, we have lost the data files multiple times due to my wife's comp breaking, my comp breaking, both of our laptops dying as well, and the usb stick with the compiled data has gone missing. Pretty much it has been one piece of equipment failure after another. I have to say, the odds of completion at this rate are not looking good, but I'll see if I have it in me for yet another start from scratch. This message sent to you through, the public library, those are still a thing, visit yours today!
I would advise setting up something like GitHub or a simple Dropbox so you have cloud backups then. Both of those are simple and free options.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old March 19th, 2017, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure if this project is dead or not, but I have been playing around with the contraptions, and using the Wordcaster mechanic works as near as I can see. From what I can tell, they took Wordcasting and just re-skinned it to work for the schematics.
asvaldson is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
pirateprincess23

Old October 10th, 2019, 09:34 AM
I reached out to Pure Steam to ask them if they had such files made up or anything. They said they might go about it if enough people expressed interest so... folks if you get this, go shoot them a message on their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/PureSteamRPG/
pirateprincess23 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote