Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

ChumSlinger

Old July 14th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Is there a time frame when the content from the new "Starfinder Armory" rule book will be added to Hero Lab Online?
ChumSlinger is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 17th, 2018, 03:16 PM
We're concentrating most of our resources on getting PF2 ready for GenCon, so that book is unfortunately delayed. We'll try to get it released as soon as we can after returning from the convention.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old July 22nd, 2018, 01:43 PM
I was really hoping to see Starships and the Encounter builder sooner rather than later. It would seem like Starfinder support (published and selling) will take second place to Pathfinder 2E (testing and free).
flyteach is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
vardeman

Old July 22nd, 2018, 10:10 PM
Pathfinder 2E, because... you know... starships...
vardeman is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Trester

Old July 23rd, 2018, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
I was really hoping to see Starships and the Encounter builder sooner rather than later. It would seem like Starfinder support (published and selling) will take second place to Pathfinder 2E (testing and free).
Which is incredibly disappointing since what Hero Lab Online was touted as becoming may take forever to get to while they split their focus. I guess I am from the old school, get the job you said you were going to get done first, before adding more jobs to it. Starship Combat, party loot, etc was one of the big reasons I signed up for Hero Lab in the first place. Right now it feels like we are just spending money on a partial product.
Trester is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
vardeman

Old July 23rd, 2018, 03:22 PM
There's nothing that HLO can do, currently, that HLC can't do better. Give us Starfinder for HLC!
vardeman is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2018, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trester View Post
Which is incredibly disappointing since what Hero Lab Online was touted as becoming may take forever to get to while they split their focus. I guess I am from the old school, get the job you said you were going to get done first, before adding more jobs to it. Starship Combat, party loot, etc was one of the big reasons I signed up for Hero Lab in the first place. Right now it feels like we are just spending money on a partial product.
Its two totally different teams working on this stuff. The team that puts in a game like PF2 has NOTHING to do with the team building server framework for Starships (ie shared resources). Once the framework of shared resources is in HLO then the other team can build the ships for Starfinder or Kingdom rules for PF1.

Currently putting out PF2 playtest does not affect getting other features like shared resources, better performance or GM tools done.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old July 23rd, 2018, 06:14 PM
Shadow, understand, except that an Encounter builder would be part of the game resources, no? And even the starship builder doesn't have to be shared (at least in the beginning).

BTW, a good stress test begins in about 10 days. I'll be very interested to see how well HLO performs (in its present form) while at Gencon. Especially Saturday night during the special. Maybe LWD or Paizo should have some wifi available to support their customers. If the LTE gets overloaded, it'll be hard to not to blame HLO itself.
flyteach is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2018, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Shadow, understand, except that an Encounter builder would be part of the game resources, no?
Its mixed really but the main part would be out side of the game developers. In addition putting together .por files (which is what the encounter builder uses) could easily be passed off to a contractor to build. That is once everything is in place in HLO. Meaning it would not even need game developers time.

Quote:
And even the starship builder doesn't have to be shared (at least in the beginning).
True except its not good business to build something twice. If the game developers build ships now I would expect little to none of it to work with the new "shared resource" framework. This means ships have to be "re-built" again to work with the "shared resource" logic.

Not only does this mean double the hours LW has to invest but it would break ships people where using when New ships went live. This means even more time making sure the "old" ships work and the "new" ships work. And how long do you keep making "old" ships work? A month? 6 months? a Year?

I know it sucks to wait. I am in the same boat but I can't fault LW for wanting to build something once.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old July 23rd, 2018, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vardeman View Post
There's nothing that HLO can do, currently, that HLC can't do better. Give us Starfinder for HLC!
Wow, I didn't know that HLC came out for Android and Chrome OS!
Toblakai is offline   #10 Reply With Quote