Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pollution

Old March 17th, 2015, 03:44 AM
So, I know we have no ETA other than "soon" for the RW store. And while that drives me crazy at times, I can understand it (working in a Dev environment myself).

What I'm interested in, though, is what products are we looking at other than, "stuff the community creates."

I know there's some products from Kickstarter, but have any other companies jumped aboard the RW train?

I'm gearing up to run some PFS games, entering modules into RW, and I keep saying to myself, "Self, I would pay extra at the Paizo store for RW integration of these modules."

I mean, there are literally THOUSANDS of modules out there, let alone source books. I know that LW was showing off their iteration of RotRL for Paizo last year.

Do we have any hints, or "we're talking with...." about who/what we might see as "official" products in RW?
Pollution is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 17th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution
So, I know we have no ETA other than "soon" for the RW store. And while that drives me crazy at times, I can understand it (working in a Dev environment myself).
Makes one of us.. sorry, I disagree. As being a client for developers, there is such a thing as schedule slippage, but that would still require a schedule. It is how companies are paid contractually. No client (except us apparently) would continually except "soon".

Sorry Pollution, this made me chuckle...
You honestly don't think there is a plan do you?

As a certain Raccoon once heard... (Paraphrased) there's 12% of a plan.... but that in itself is not a plan.

Seriously,
I guess we will know when the doors open... till then we, the "partners, co-owners, and supporters" continue our trek into the dark.... oh if there were infra-vision available..... we might be at least able to distinguish the hot possibilities from the grey areas.

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; March 17th, 2015 at 01:37 PM.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post

What I'm interested in, though, is what products are we looking at other than, "stuff the community creates."

I know there's some products from Kickstarter, but have any other companies jumped aboard the RW train?

I'm gearing up to run some PFS games, entering modules into RW, and I keep saying to myself, "Self, I would pay extra at the Paizo store for RW integration of these modules."

I mean, there are literally THOUSANDS of modules out there, let alone source books. I know that LW was showing off their iteration of RotRL for Paizo last year.

Do we have any hints, or "we're talking with...." about who/what we might see as "official" products in RW?
Hey Pollution! We have been talking with Paizo since PaizoCon last year, but we don't have anything to announce yet. We've also been talking to other publishers. Unfortunately, we cannot announce anything with a publisher until everything is signed.

Last edited by liz; March 18th, 2015 at 07:52 AM. Reason: I wrote "Parody"'s forum name, and not "Pollution"'s. Whoops. :)
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2015, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Makes one of us.. sorry, I disagree. As being a client for developers, there is such a thing as schedule slippage, but that would still require a schedule. It is how companies are paid contractually. No client (except us apparently) would continually except "soon".

Sorry Pollution, this made me chuckle...
You honestly don't think there is a plan do you?

As a certain Raccoon once heard... (Paraphrased) there's 12% of a plan.... but that in itself is not a plan.

Seriously,
I guess we will know when the doors open... till then we, the "partners, co-owners, and supporters" continue our trek into the dark.... oh if there were infra-vision available..... we might be at least able to distinguish the hot possibilities from the grey areas.
@DLG, it's clear from posts you've made recently that you're frustrated that our current priorities don't line up with your priorities. However, the above assertions are baseless claims.

The content we announced in the Kickstarter is still planned for Realm Works. We've been in discussion with other companies, but as I mention above, it's common practice to not make any announcements until there is an official agreement in place and both companies agree to an announcement.

As for timeline, we have an internal timeline for the development team. The reason we have been coy about release estimates is because timetables and release plans can change. We have shared our estimates in the past, but we received feedback from our users that the estimates were were not useful, as release estimates would sometimes be pushed back. Not giving release estimates is actually quote common for software products. However, we try to keep everyone updated when the team hits a major milestone (like our recent web-access sneak peak).

So saying there's no plan is completely false. You're welcome to say what you like and dislike about our products, the results of our survey, and even our business decisions, as is every other forum user, but I draw the line at spreading misinformation.

If you don't know the facts, you can ask for clarification in a thread and we'll answer if we can (obviously, we cannot share information like agreements in progress, information under NDA, etc.). All users also have the ability to PM me directly.
liz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 18th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Hey Parody! ...
Psst...not me. ;)

Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old March 18th, 2015, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Psst...not me. ;)
You're so popular that the name just jumps out!

@DLG, dude, enhance your chill. If they say, "We are hoping that the web store will open in May" and then a huge bug pops it's ugly head up and wrecks RW for 90% of users, and they come back and say, "Hey folks, we're really sorry, but that bug crushed us. We'll open the store in July." these forums would be going nuts over "broken promises." Of course they have a timeline. You can't write something as complex as a database without a project timeline, or a deliverables timeline, or a flippin' plan of some kind. It will happen. And when it does, it will have issues, bugs, poor content conversion from publishers, bad design from community users, all manner of issues. And they'll address those issues and it will get fixed. HL has been around forever, army builder before that. You don't have software like that in use for this long without supporting it.

@liz, Thanks for the update. I guess I was just wondering who besides Paizo you might be able to discuss. I know the ones from the kickstarter, but I'm curious about some other companies (I can see a real advantage for PFS scenarios, or Shadowrun Missions! or even White Wolf Products. And that's not even including Kobold, Frog God, TSR, and other companies).

While I'd love a timeline, I appreciate the fact that if I've got a question, I usually get a decent answer pretty quick.

Last edited by Pollution; March 18th, 2015 at 03:41 AM.
Pollution is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 18th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Psst...not me. ;)
Ugh, sorry. I was engrossed in the forums last night and your name kept popping up, so it was fresh in my mind. I'll edit my post.
liz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 18th, 2015, 11:50 AM
The Lone Wolf Forums, by Chemlak.

When on the Lone Wolf Forums
You'll find there's many folk
Who like to write about the time
When Realm Works was just broke.

There's every kind of person
And some you can't compare
But if you stay there long enough
You'll swiftly be aware

That just like other websites
And sundry other places
You get to know the regulars
E'en without seeing their faces

You might spot ShadowChemosh
Or Parody, Dark Lord Galen
While in your flights of fancy
Your thoughts they are a-sailin'

There's Pollution, and Vargr, too
And more I just can't mention
But we all know which ones just go
And grab our full attention

I speak, of course, of rob and crew
liz, davidp, and Joe
Whose damn hard work and friendly words
Help make our time here flow

Without their sterling efforts
This forum would be bland
(Just careful what you say to them,
If you'd rather not get banned)

So welcome all, enjoy your stay
Whate'er your gaming bent
Have fun here on the forums of
Lone Wolf Development.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works

Last edited by Chemlak; March 18th, 2015 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Missed a word! Oops, spelling, too.
Chemlak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old March 18th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Dr. Seuss would be proud.

Thanks Chemlak.

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 18th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Quote: