Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pollution

Old December 15th, 2014, 10:13 AM
So, I'm entering in a bunch of stuff for cWoD for use by a LARP I'm getting set up. It's going great. I say again, that RW is going to be an AMAZING tool for LARPs once we have individual reveals. It's already great for a big game.

But, something I haven't noticed before is that the right side in a topic isn't sorted by prefix/suffix when I've set that to be the default sort in EVERY other view.

I'm working on entering in some disciplines as a test, and when entering in Celerity (general discipline) I put in all the individual powers using the dot rating as a Suffix for easy sort the Content Links, Governed Content, and even Relationships don't sort by Prefix/Suffix/Alias.

How do we set this?

(Green Arrow is what I want to see. Red Arrow is where I have an issue)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg How to Sort.jpg (382.5 KB, 24 views)
Pollution is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 15th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I don't think the right panel sorts in any way except alphabetical at this time. And I don't recall seeing any requests to have it follow the prefix/suffix sorting before which is interesting because it hasn't come up before and it should have.

On the topic of sorting, it would be great if each window had simple icons for P/A/Z/C that would sort that particular window on the fly by prefix, alpha, reverse alpha and alpha-by-category.
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 15th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I don't think the right panel sorts in any way except alphabetical at this time. And I don't recall seeing any requests to have it follow the prefix/suffix sorting before which is interesting because it hasn't come up before and it should have.

On the topic of sorting, it would be great if each window had simple icons for P/A/Z/C that would sort that particular window on the fly by prefix, alpha, reverse alpha and alpha-by-category.
I think I'm With AEIOU... I don't recall reading anything addressing this either... and I read the forums pretty heavily.... Parody or Exmortus are two that may have see it....
Its a good Idea...
+1
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 15th, 2014, 02:42 PM
I usually have the Relationships Pane collapsed, so I haven't paid attention. Hmm...

The issue is that the Relationships, Content Links, and Governed Content sections may have entries from multiple categories that you would normally sort in different ways. For Governed Content, though, you can see that it's different between the Navigation Pane and the Relationships Pane (since they're listing the same items).

So for those three items perhaps it should be as simple as letting you toggle between purely alphabetical order (what it does now) and following the settings in the Navigation Pane?

Without adding any options, the Governed Content section should probably look the same as it does in the Navigation Pane. Low priority, though.

Last edited by Parody; December 15th, 2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Interesting.
Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old December 16th, 2014, 03:11 AM
Well, for my purposes, it would be nice to sort the Right side by prefix/suffix. It's not a deal breaker,but it would be nice.
Pollution is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 16th, 2014, 03:17 AM
Probably time to visit the Feature Requests forum, then. :)

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 16th, 2014, 07:43 AM
@Pollution: Think big. Rob likes it when we go crazy with our requests. The more convoluted the better.
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 16th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
@Pollution: Think big. Rob likes it when we go crazy with our requests. The more convoluted the better.
My dog's ears just perked up!!!
Since canines can discern sounds not heard as audible by the human ear, he has conveyed to me it was the sound of a CEO on the west coast screaming
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote