Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Portilis

Old October 3rd, 2014, 09:39 AM
Eek, I appear to have also been hit with this.

Ah well, will have to start running this weekend's game on the laptop (that is pre-update), and move over once the fix is out
Portilis is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old October 3rd, 2014, 09:47 AM
I'm one of the 50 it seems. Wow, that is a pretty impressive error message. It looks like something out of a Cthulu ritual.

Reporting to the bug tracker....
AEIOU is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old October 3rd, 2014, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The entire company telecommutes. So our daily commute to and from work varies between 15 feet and 50 feet. Of course, it might be double that when a sidetrip to the kitchen for a glass of water or a cup of coffee complicates things.
Oh, I could get use to that so quickly, especially being a night owl. But, as MaxSupernova said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
I could never telecommute an open-ended job like that, I'd vary wildly between doing nothing for a month and spending 29 hours a day on the machine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The big drawback with telecommuting is that it's REALLY HARD - for me, nigh impossible - to actually "leave" work, since it's calling out from just a few feet away. This is compounded by the fact that we've had some major setbacks and are way behind. The end result is that a light week of work is typically 80 hours for me. The heavy weeks are 100+ hours.
You and everyone else are doing a great job even if your audience grumbles at times. You should tell your boss to give you a raise. Oh wait, you are the boss. LOL I'm so evil.

While I don't want you guys to burn yourself out I do hope this current bug gets fixed soon so my itching fingers can start typing more data into my realm. hehehe
ruhar is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2014, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Wow, that is a pretty impressive error message. It looks like something out of a Cthulu ritual.
It's not an error message that's intended for users to ever see. It's a validation check that should always succeed and uncovered a problem that should not occur. So the error message is valuable for us developers and will only appear if we did something wrong in the code. Unfortunately, we did.

Fortunately, it should now be fixed in the release that just went out.
rob is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2014, 04:17 PM
A new release is now available, which should fix these issues. You can get the new update by selecting "Check For New Updates" from the Tools menu within the launcher. If you encounter any additional issues, please submit a bug report or email support@wolflair.com.
liz is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
A new release is now available, which should fix these issues. You can get the new update by selecting "Check For New Updates" from the Tools menu within the launcher. If you encounter any additional issues, please submit a bug report or email support@wolflair.com.
For those of us who were lucky enough to get the error message how do we get the update? The program starts to open then the error message pops up then shuts down.
ruhar is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2014, 07:00 PM
Simply download it from our website and install it. Here's a link to the main product download page:
http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/g...orks/download/
rob is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old October 3rd, 2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks Rob. I wasn't sure if it would be ok to do that.
ruhar is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old October 3rd, 2014, 08:03 PM
It's downloaded and installed. So far so good.
ruhar is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 3rd, 2014, 08:04 PM
That's all the Download Update buttons in RW do. (Tell your default browser to download the latest installer.)

Parody is offline   #30 Reply With Quote