Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Solonar

Old June 13th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Hi all, I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but I've been trying to figure out how to create a new fighter weapon group that will be selectable in the fighter class (for class and archetype abilities). My intent is to create a new fighter archetype (gunfighter) that will gain bonuses for the new weapon group (firearms). Essentially, I'm just going to model the new archetype on the archer, and just switch bows for firearms. I have seen posts that suggest that there are some people out there that have made these types of changes, but I have not seen any sort of "how to" or codes. Can anyone please help?
Solonar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 13th, 2011, 08:57 PM
The fighter groups are Custom Ability and and their is a different one for each group. The important thing is that the Group Tag is actually located on the weapons themselves.

So you need to create your new Weapons first and in the "Weapon Group" you want to select - New Tag - which lets you actually create a new weapon group. Name it something useful like Guns. Then make sure you do a Test Now! to have the system make a new tag right away. When you look again you can see a new tag called wFtrGroup.Guns was created.

So back on the Custom Ability tab do a New (Copy) on an existing fighter group and look at the Eval Scripts. You will see one has a perform scripting that is assigning wFtrGroup.Axes in example. Just change that to match what you created on the weapon (ie wFtrGroup.Guns).

Make it is all saved and do a Test Now! on the new group and you should be good to go.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old June 14th, 2011, 03:14 AM
have you checked out the beta rules for the Gunslinger?
tatteredking is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Solonar

Old June 14th, 2011, 12:37 PM
@ ShadowChemosh: Great tips, they worked perfectly. The new weapon group and archetype is up and running. Thank you very much!

@ Tatterdking: I have all the rules in the hero lab update for the gunslinger beta, but was interested in making a fighter variant archetype. Just some fun alternatives. I can't wait for the Ultimate Combat book next month.
Solonar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote