Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Jamz

Old July 13th, 2020, 01:53 PM
@Rob Our group was surprised and happy to see the new dice roller! Awesome to see things getting checked off the wish list!

It really streamlined our game to just do all the dice rolling right in HLO for attacks and skill checks!

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old July 13th, 2020, 04:50 PM
Starships! Almost 3 years since SF was born, 2.5 since HLO was initially rolled out, SOM to be released in 2 weeks and still no support for Starships. I don't need/want any of the CT as my other players aren't LWD customers. But I want to build them, like characters, and then export to my VTT or printout (if COVID ever quits) to use in a game, knowing that the validation and content is good.
Please!

Flyteach
flyteach is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 13th, 2020, 07:30 PM
PF1, please.

And Savage Worlds (though that one hadn't been mentioned as on the list, I think).
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old July 14th, 2020, 02:32 AM
Transfering gear from one character to another would be really useful.
talsharien is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Vayne

Old July 14th, 2020, 01:28 PM
ROLL20 and FANTASY GROUNDS integration

Simple import/export options for the above platforms if you cant integrate.

Vayne is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
GregDC

Old July 15th, 2020, 09:23 AM
I am looking at tracking which boons are sloted. Is there any plans to put a section in for the three type of boons; Faction, Special, General. I not know how you will manage the effects of the boons that are sloted.
GregDC is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 15th, 2020, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDC View Post
I am looking at tracking which boons are sloted. Is there any plans to put a section in for the three type of boons; Faction, Special, General. I not know how you will manage the effects of the boons that are sloted.
GregDC, could you please elaborate on what you're asking for here? I'm looking at one of my own PFS characters, and it's tracking that I currently have 1 slotted faction boon, 3 slotted general boons, and no slotted advanced boons. So I'm not sure what additional capabilities you're requesting.
Mathias is online now   #47 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old July 19th, 2020, 10:13 AM
all these things would be great but remember when Starships and Party Loot management were "coming soon"? LW customers remember...
dacoobob is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 21st, 2020, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
all these things would be great but remember when Starships and Party Loot management were "coming soon"? LW customers remember...
Yep. Please refer to my posts elsewhere delving into more details, but the short summary is...
  • Both of those capabilities require foundational elements to be in place on the server
  • An ex-employee was entrusted with the task of implementing all the server support to make this possible while I was too sick to do it
  • The ex-employee screwed it up horribly - so bad that it had to be thrown out and started over roughly one year ago
  • The rewrite seems solid and is in the final stages of completion, after which we can finally add those capabilities

Yes, this whole mess was a HUGE setback for us. But we'll shortly be able to pursue those capabilities.
rob is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old July 21st, 2020, 06:38 AM
Thanks for responding in a calm and informative way, Rob. I've been as annoyed as most by the lack of certain features that felt like they had been promised, regardless of how they actually were worded by you or other LWD staff.

You've done a great job of keeping your cool and responding respectfully to those of us who have voiced our discontent, and this reinforces my decision to stay the course with HLO and LWD, continuing to provide financial support by purchasing your products. Just because I'm upset that the things that I want (PF1, SF starships, user-created content) haven't appeared yet, doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the work that you guys have been doing, and the careful ways in which you respond (possibly by having to take a minute to master yourself and your emotions before typing, 'cause I know that I would definitely need to in many cases).

Thanks again for the great work.
bruuuuuu is offline   #50 Reply With Quote