Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

TCArknight

Old December 28th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Thanks very much!

Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed a couple days ago, and I’m trying to figure out a way to get all my data back... (seems like the boot sector may be dead, but may be wishful thinking. )

This feedback is exactly what I was looking for. Once I get a couputer up and running I’ll look it over and see what can be fixed.

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old December 28th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Oh, man. That blows. Hope you can recover the stuff you really need.

On the starship validation report, I get the following, most of which is kind of irrelevant with a ship as opposed to a character. At least one of them seems superfluous for either.
  • Attribute Slots: Resource unspent
  • Character Points: Resource unspent
  • Discipline Slots: Resource unspent
  • Trait Slots: Resource overspent
I've already commented on the Traits. Character Points is a bit of a null concept with STA chargen. Ships don't have Attributes and Disciplines, but Systems and Departments.

Mostly, building a ship has been pretty clean. A few hiccups here and there, but I don't imagine it's anything major. (Then again, I'm not a programmer.)

Again, will send you the portfolio when you're back up and running.
PGoodman13 is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old December 29th, 2018, 07:31 AM
Okay, trying to create a main character. When I get to career events, there's only a couple on the list, neither of which I want to use. So obviously, that list needs to get finished so that you can make the lifepath decisions you want to make.

When I chose Veteran for the character, it correctly added the Veteran Talent, but it didn't add the fourth Talent to the list; it tells me I have used 4 of 3 Talents.

I didn't keep as careful a set of notes as I should have as I built her, but I'm not sure how her Control got to 11 as quickly as it did. I don't recall that happening with the manual test run I did a few months ago. Sorry; I'll try to do better as we go forward.
PGoodman13 is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old December 29th, 2018, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
Okay, trying to create a main character. When I get to career events, there's only a couple on the list, neither of which I want to use. So obviously, that list needs to get finished so that you can make the lifepath decisions you want to make.

When I chose Veteran for the character, it correctly added the Veteran Talent, but it didn't add the fourth Talent to the list; it tells me I have used 4 of 3 Talents.

I didn't keep as careful a set of notes as I should have as I built her, but I'm not sure how her Control got to 11 as quickly as it did. I don't recall that happening with the manual test run I did a few months ago. Sorry; I'll try to do better as we go forward.
Thank you very much for this! I’ll be glad when I get back to some kind of place to do dev stuff again.

Regarding the career events, grab this file from my github and copy it into the data folder: thing_careerevents.dat

That’s one of the last things I did before the crash...

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old December 29th, 2018, 11:00 AM
All right, that did appear to solve the career events issue. So that's one down....
PGoodman13 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old December 29th, 2018, 11:21 AM
In step 4, Starfleet Academy, regardless of educational track chosen, you get 3 points for Attributes. While it's possible to spend them 2 on one Attribute and 1 on a second, the rules clearly state that you can spend 1 each on three different Attributes. This is on pages 116-117 of the core book.

The program right now only recognizes the "2 points on 1 Attribute, and 1 point on another" approach. This should be changed (when you finally get the chance) to allow for possibly raising three Attribs by 1 each.

Getting back to the career events: You might add to the description of each event which Attrib and Discipline the event affects, if you can do that without getting into trouble with Modiphius for putting too much rule information into the product.
PGoodman13 is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
SSiron

Old January 1st, 2019, 04:04 PM
I am new to this thread, but I believe (at least as far as ship and starbases) you can only have as many traits as equal to your structure.

Then again, I could be wrong. I just looked back at where I read that, and it is on a fan site, not an official thing from Modifius.
SSiron is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old January 2nd, 2019, 01:05 PM
Number of Ship Talents is equal to Scale, per Nathan Dowdell (who wrote the rules, so he should know).

There's not a specific limit to Traits, for either characters or ships, that I can recall.
PGoodman13 is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
SSiron

Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
Number of Ship Talents is equal to Scale, per Nathan Dowdell (who wrote the rules, so he should know).

There's not a specific limit to Traits, for either characters or ships, that I can recall.
You knew what I meant... :P I said traits when I meant Talents. And yes, I looked it up again in the core book for ship. What I was referring to was the Starbase creation rules put out there from Continuing Mission site. That one they limit the talents to the scale/structure of the Starbase.

I managed to grab the files from GitHub a few days ago, and I am in the process of adjusting some of the errors and making a read me file to go along with it. I'll be sending it to TCArknight as soon as I am finished with the edits. I already had to restart twice due to removing something that broke the dataset.
SSiron is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
SSiron

Old January 4th, 2019, 12:41 AM
Ok, I finished altering and updating what I could and have everything ready to hand out to other people if they want it.

Disclaimer, I am not the original author of the dataset, I merely fiddled with some of the files and added missing content while trying not to break the character creator. I am not a programmer, some items are still needed.
SSiron is offline   #40 Reply With Quote