Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Palette

Old May 19th, 2019, 09:35 AM
How can I adjust the APL of a PC group? I have manually increased the CR of each character under "adjustments" but that still won't change the APL shown on the dashboard.
Palette is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 19th, 2019, 09:51 AM
CR is only figured into the total for the enemies. For PCs, that uses the character levels. I'm afraid there's not a way to alter the effective level of a PC for that stat. The closest you could come would be to adjust herofield[tLevel].value, but that would also be factored into things like DCs that are based on the character's total level.

We've never seen any rules that suggest that APL is adjusted in certain circumstances, or heard of any house rules that say how to do so, which is why we didn't set it up that way.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Palette

Old May 19th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the quick response.

I want to adjust APL because my players seem to be punching WELL above their weight and I'm having to increase the CR of encounters to challenge them. I figured it would be easier to increase APL than to remember to boost the difficulty each time I'm in the encounter builder.
Palette is offline   #3 Reply With Quote