Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

MadMartin989

Old May 13th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Hey all. So I've made a custom Dire Wolf mount for my character, but I'm having some trouble. I can't seem to get it to level up properly, and it doesn't seem to have access to things like Barding. When I try to level it up there's no "Dire Wolf" option, even though its class is listed as "Dire Wolf". The barding doesn't even show up under the Armor tab, even though it should be in the core rulebook. Anyone know how I solve these issues?

Last edited by MadMartin989; May 13th, 2018 at 08:26 AM.
MadMartin989 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 13th, 2018, 08:45 AM
When you say "level it up", do you mean like an animal companion?

Barding is just normal armor shaped for quadrupeds, you buy it on the armor tab and equip it normally. The price increase should be automatically calculated if you're buying it on the mount.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MadMartin989

Old May 13th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Concerning the barding, as I said, it's not listed in the Armor tab. I WOULD equip it if I even had the option of getting it for my mount, but I don't.

As for the leveling...I guess? I've never used a mount so I'm not sure how leveling works with them. I assumed it would be the same as with an animal companion.
MadMartin989 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 13th, 2018, 09:07 AM
If you purchase armor on a non-humanoid shaped character, you will be charged the extra amount to make that armor into barding when you purchase it.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 13th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMartin989 View Post
As for the leveling...I guess? I've never used a mount so I'm not sure how leveling works with them. I assumed it would be the same as with an animal companion.
I guess I am confused why you're thinking the mount should be leveled at all, if it isn't a companion. When you buy some rando mount at the exotic pet store, they don't typically advance with you, only companion creatures you get as a result of class features "level up" with you.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MadMartin989

Old May 13th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If you purchase armor on a non-humanoid shaped character, you will be charged the extra amount to make that armor into barding when you purchase it.
Sooooooo...does Hero Labs not have any Barding in it? I just buy a regular armor set and pay extra to have it turned into barding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I guess I am confused why you're thinking the mount should be leveled at all, if it isn't a companion. When you buy some rando mount at the exotic pet store, they don't typically advance with you, only companion creatures you get as a result of class features "level up" with you.
Oooooooooh, okay. This is my first time using a mount, actually, so I didn't realize that was how it worked.
MadMartin989 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote