Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Sturmrider

Old November 10th, 2018, 07:20 AM
Hi all,

I am trying to make an old 3.5 feat that the players in our group insist on using. It is Spellcasting Prodigy now I have no issue with the text, level etc. the problem is I think I need an eval script to determine if the caster is INT based, Charisma based, or Wisdom based. Also if Human and can take it a second time the first thing may be to check off all the classes that can take it, but how do I put in the adjustments necessarry here is the feat and thank you for any help:

Spellcasting Prodigy
( Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, p. 38)

[General]

You have an exceptional gift for magic.

Prerequisite
Benefit
For the purpose of determining bonus spells and the saving throw DCs of spells you cast, treat your primary spellcasting ability score (Charisma for bards and sorcerers, Wisdom for divine spellcasters, Intelligence for wizards) as 2 points higher than its actual value. If you have more than one spellcasting class, the bonus applies to only one of those classes.

Special
You may only take this feat as a 1st-level character. If you take this feat more than once (for example, if you are a human , or another type of creature that gets more than one feat at 1st level), it applies to a different spellcasting class each time. You can take this feat even if you don't have any spellcasting classes yet.
Sturmrider is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Let's start by identifying how the spellcasting ability score is stored on a class. In the Develop menu, make sure "Enable Data File Debugging" at the top is checked.

Now, add a level of a spellcasting class (I'll use Cleric in my example), and set the spellcasting score for that class to some recognizable value (I used 16).

Next, in the develop menu, at the bottom, choose floating info windows...show selection fields. In the list of picks to choose from, filter for Cleric, and you'll see two options named Cleric - one has the Id cCleric, and the other is cHelpClr - pick the cHelpClr.

Now, filter that list of fields by entering 16, since that's your wisdom - you'll find that that number is stored in a specific field - cSplAttVal. So that means you don't need to worry about figuring out what the ability score is - you just need to add +2 to the stored value on the class.

Now to determine when you should change the value. Repeat the same Develop steps that you used to find fields, but instead choose Show Selection Field Histories. Filter that list for "cSplAtVal", and you'll see that it was only changed once - at Post-attributes/0. So that's when it was set to 16, meaning you want to run your script after that, when you add +2.

Now, let's look up when that's being used, to figure out the other end of our timing window. This value is used to calculate DC, so filter for DC in the field histories, and you'll find the cSplSaveDC field - that's calculated at Final/10000.

To figure out when the bonus spells are being calculated, go through the floating info windows steps again, but this time you're looking for "Show selection tasks" - filter that for Spell. You'll see that there's a script named Calc Spells Available that runs at Post-attributes/10000.

So, now you've got your window for this change - after Post-Attributes/0, and before Post-Attributes/10000. I'd use Post-Attributes/5000.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2018, 08:33 AM
I would not worry about creating a separate rule to enforce that it can't be taken multiple times - just implement the only at 1st level rule, and then only a human character will find it legal to add two copies.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old November 10th, 2018, 10:12 AM
To figure out when the bonus spells are being calculated, go through the floating info windows steps again, but this time you're looking for "Show selection tasks" - filter that for Spell. You'll see that there's a script named Calc Spells Available that runs at Post-attributes/10000.

So, now you've got your window for this change - after Post-Attributes/0, and before Post-Attributes/10000. I'd use Post-Attributes/5000.

I hate to say it Mathis it has been a while since I wrote a eval script I'm not going to say I am completely gone, but I am having trouble remembering how you start it in HeroLab.

I went and looked at some other scripts and they had If disabled and some had other starts am I going to have to go back and restudy scripts.

Thank you for your initial help though this got me started looking for the fields.

Regards,

Larry
Sturmrider is offline   #4 Reply With Quote