Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old March 16th, 2017, 01:18 PM
It's good to see examples of how LWD intended for RW to be used. (I haven't gotten to go through everything yet, but I did import each into a new realm for the heck of it. :)

Parody is online now   #21 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Cool to see Pixies on Parade. I was going to run my kids through this adventure and have the PDF. Nice to know that i'll be able to run the game from Realm Works! Hope this means that Playground Adventures will be publishing all their Afterschool Adventure material for 5e and Pathfinder in the Content Market.
As the owner of Playground Adventures I can assure you we do plan to eventually have more titles in Realm Works. I hope you have fun with the game! Post photos on our Facebook page, they make me smile.
BJ is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
Well I do have run into a problem with the Content.

While the Import does work all smooth, I did create a new realm with the corresponding Game system for each. I did not modify anything in the Realms so far but I can't sync this content to the cloud with the "Sync all".

"We be Goblins" seems to work fine, it's showing up as "Up to date" after the sync.
The other two does not work with "Sync all".
Doing a specific Sync for "Pixies on Parade" does work.
Yet "Isle of Kandril" is still throwing the "Sync failed with error code: "Sync Finalize Failure (-502)".

As mentioned Fresh Pathfinder Realm exclusive for this content.
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble! Have you managed to get it to sync yet? I'll touch base with Rob and see if he knows what the issue might be. Daplunk could be right and you may need to just give it another go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
I'm glad that I was wrong about my own estimates. Great to see how official content is organized.

Is the other official Paizo Content ready yet? just kidding.
That's it, you're grounded. :P (j/k) I hope you enjoy the content!
BJ is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 16th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Let Rob know that I was doing a sync down to a laptop last night and it crashed and generated a crash report. Might be useful.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Let Rob know that I was doing a sync down to a laptop last night and it crashed and generated a crash report. Might be useful.
Thanks for the info! I will.
BJ is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 16th, 2017, 03:03 PM
FWIW, I also got a sync error the first time I tried to Sync All with my new test realms, but I was able to sync each individually fine.

(It was the same -502 error on the realm with Isle of Kandril imported.)

Parody is online now   #26 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old March 16th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Ok was finally able to Sync the last one back as well. Nothing to see here move along.
Tharmiones is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2017, 03:37 PM
There's a lock contention issue during syncing that we weren't anticipating. It only arises occasionally when there are lots of users hitting the server at the same time, but it's enough to torpedo a sync with the -502 error when it does occur. That's what some of you have been encountering. We'll be looking into how best to fix it shortly. In the meantime, if it occurs for you, please try the sync again a few minutes later.
rob is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 16th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
There's a lock contention issue during syncing that we weren't anticipating. It only arises occasionally when there are lots of users hitting the server at the same time, but it's enough to torpedo a sync with the -502 error when it does occur. That's what some of you have been encountering. We'll be looking into how best to fix it shortly. In the meantime, if it occurs for you, please try the sync again a few minutes later.
Are you really running out of locks on the DB? That's a lot of users hitting the DB at one time.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Are you really running out of locks on the DB? That's a lot of users hitting the DB at one time.
It's a lock contention issue but isn't what you're thinking. It's due to a special combination of things we're doing. I would need to go into all sorts of niggly details to explain. Suffice to say, it's a lock issue due to one aspect of how we're handling things intentionally not operating the same way as everything else. And we didn't properly anticipate the implications thereof.
rob is offline   #30 Reply With Quote