Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

jbearwillis

Old November 28th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Is there a way to have a drop down box that will allow you to make a choice between two or more different skills like you can in pathfinder or is this beyond the Savage Worlds core mechanics.
jbearwillis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 29th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I don't have Pathfinder for my copy, so all I can look at for comparison is the Demo mode. I'll also add I'm a horrible programmer so even responding to me I probably won't be able to help at all... that being said, however...

Looking at the Skills tab in Pathfinder I don't see any drop-down lists there, they are all just listed or you have to click on the Add bar below it which opens a pop-up. So where is it that you see the drop-down in Pathfinder?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old November 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM
LOL - Sometimes it seems we are the only 2 people on this savage worlds forum all the time. No there isn't in the skills area - what I meant was in the feats and traits section, and I looked in the edge section and I can do the same thing in that area, at least in the way it looks, I think I can, not for sure. What I can do is make an edge and have the edge give a choice of the 2 different skills to chose from. I just have to figure it out. Something like the scholar edge, but having the skills drop down and you pick from those skills. and bootstrap it to a faction. Now to try to figure how to do it. I am starting over, learning this game mechanics from pathfinder in how the editor works. It sometime is a pain. LOL
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 29th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I gotcha, rather like picking "Knowledge" and having a drop-down box for many of the various ones commonly used there, like Battle, Arcana, etc. And I was right, I definitely couldn't help you there.

As for being the only 2 here... hehe, yeah, well a couple of others check in occasionally but for the most part Pathfinder seems to get all the support/attention. I've been really wanting to see custom output implemented for the Vampire module as well, but no luck getting a response there either. Heck I'm still working on how to put together something more decent in custom output for Savage Worlds, where at least it is implemented, with not much help/input on that front, but I'm hoping a friend of mine has some web development tools and skill at his disposal that will help me out there. We shall see.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
I got the drop down box to show the 2 skills and can pick them but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to get them to show up in the skills section after the selection of the skill - The script eludes me.

Last edited by jbearwillis; December 3rd, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
jbearwillis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old December 4th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Is there anyone on this forum that can help at all?
jbearwillis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 4th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I've yet to get any responses on my other threads either, so I'm thinking the answer is... no. Or maybe just not in this forum. Maybe folks on the Pathfinder forum or the Authoring Kit forum could have some better input.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old December 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Yes I know what you mean - I looked in all the User Data files for Savage Worlds that have been done (Deadlands, Rippers Etc..) to see if there were any scripts from which I could get any help and they are all real basic - No help there or anything special to help me. I have the skills Showing up and I can pick them, I just can't seem to figure out how to get them to show up as a pick in the skills section. It's starting to irritate me. I'm almost ready to say the heck with it and go on to a different game or at least go to pen and paper and say forget using herolab for savage worlds. Since it does not seem that I'm going to get any help.

Last edited by jbearwillis; December 4th, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
jbearwillis is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 7th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I've been away from the board for a bit.

So, let me make sure I understand what you're trying to do. You want to create an Edge, and have that Edge present a selection of one of two Skills. Once the selection is made, you want the Skill to appear on the character. Do I have it?

How have you set up the list to choose from? Are you using the actual Skills list filtered down, or objects you've created yourself just for the list?
CapedCrusader is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old December 8th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I have it setup as a drop down box, in the box - 2 skills show up Medic (Which is my healing skill and Repair) to chose from. Once chosen I would like it to show up on the character in the skills section at say you pick Medic, I want it to give it at Medic d4.

I have it setup as

Source: All things
Tag expression - thingid.skMedic|thingid.skEngine

I have them showing up, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get them to show up in the skills section once picked in the drop down box. i don't even know if I did it right at all LOL.
jbearwillis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote