Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

maggi

Old December 12th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Hey guys,

I tried the search function but I didn't come up with anything useful for me.

I'm new to Pathfinder (coming as a beginner from 3.5) and new to Hero Lab (actually didn't buy it yet since I'm not sure if it serves my purpose).

I'm looking to create an Ironborn Iron-Titan (both 3rd party addons by Rite Publishing), bought those 2 PDF's from them and now I'm about to create my character. Since I'm a beginner I thought maybe there is some tools to help me create my character and keep track of everything, thats how I found Hero Lab.

So my question is: Is Hero Lab the right tool to create my Ironborn and keep track of everything or did I eventually misunderstand the purpose of the program? Also, is the data for Ironborn + Iron Titan available for buying somewhere?

Thank you for your input, I'm a little confused at this point

Manny

Last edited by maggi; December 13th, 2015 at 05:58 AM. Reason: changed from Steel to Iron-Titan
maggi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sphynx

Old December 13th, 2015, 01:05 AM
HeroLab is the ideal tool for creating anything Pathfinder related. You can even homebrew all your own races and classes within (though that's a bit more complicated than just using core material). I personally homebrew the crap out of things with this app.

As for Ironborn + Steel Titam, I honestly have no idea what the ironborn or the steel-titans are, however, I do know that Rite Publishing creates their own packages for this software. Here is a copy-n-paste from the packages they offer on the website (I see Ironborn listed, but not Steel-Titan, though creating your Steel-Titan is likely not that difficult):

– Rite Publishing –
Pathfinder RPG 1001 Spells $9.99
Produced by Rite Publishing. 1001 spells from the book of the same name that will help you realize the vision you've had for your spellcaster.
(Requires Pathfinder RPG Core)

Pathfinder RPG Heroes of the Jade Oath $14.99
Produced by Rite Publishing. Includes new races, classes, feats, archetypes, and rage powers from the Heroes of the Jade Oath book for an eastern, mystic feel.

Pathfinder RPG In The Company Of Monsters $9.99
Produced by Rite Publishing, these six evocative player races and racial paragon classes are sure to bring new and exciting encounters to your game. Includes new options for the Gargoyle, Giant, Ironborn, Minotaur, Restless Soul, and Wyrd races.

Pathfinder RPG The Secrets of Adventuring $14.99
Produced by Rite Publishing. Includes content from The Secrets of Adventuring, including new classes, feats, archetypes, and more!
Sphynx is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
maggi

Old December 13th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Oh sorry it's the Iron Titan (The secrets of the Iron Titan), not steel titan...

I really like the idea of the combination, but maybe it just isn't the right one for a noobie like me. I hoped that Hero Lab would help me keep the overview, but if the Titan is not included, I either have to change to a different class (Brawler maybe) or do it without Hero Lab at all...
maggi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old December 13th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Iron Born we have in In the Company of Monsters. Iron Titan has not yet been done yet, but is on the list for a future package.

Andrew Betts
Lead Hero Lab Developer
Rite Publishing
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
maggi

Old December 15th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Iron Born we have in In the Company of Monsters. Iron Titan has not yet been done yet, but is on the list for a future package.

Andrew Betts
Lead Hero Lab Developer
Rite Publishing
Thank you Andrew for your answer.

I decided to buy Hero Lab, bought In the Company of Monsters + The Secrets of Adventuring, so I don't make a Iron Titan at this time (too many special things to consider for me as a beginner) and I'm making a Luckbringer (got that PDF as well. yehaaa!) instead. You make awesome products, Andrew, and Hero Lab is helping me understand how it all comes together!
Looking forward for the Iron Titan in a future package. I'll purchase it for sure
maggi is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
demiurge108

Old December 15th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Hi Andrew,

i hope some days a package for in the compagny of angels and in the compagny demon when its come and when come in the compagny of rakshasa, i wish too to buy it in heros lab.

Many thanks and good luck for your jobs and futur Kickstarter of rite publishing.
demiurge108 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old December 15th, 2015, 04:33 PM
I've got a lot on my plate for this. I think people will be happy next year.
AndrewD2 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote