Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

chiefweasel

Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:43 AM
I dont seem to have that file anywhere. I must have missed it some place along the way.

If you have a copy, send it along and i'll post it up. Thanks.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeardSean View Post
WeasellyChief and ShadowyChemosh: the data file for the Dwarves no longer appears on the Cheese Weasel site.

I found a backup of the .user file, but thought I should let the two of you know.
Assuming as I am included I think that means we are talking about the Dwarves Of Golarion .user file for PFRPG? If so I don't think that one ever got sent to chiefweasel's site as it confirms to the OGL and CUP standards of Paizo so I would have posted it to d20pfsrd instead. Mostly only .user files that don't confirm to OGL and CUP have I sent to chiefweasel's site.

So if it is the Dwarves Of Golarion or other Pathfinder Companion books you are looking for you can download them from d20pfsrd.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
RedBeardSean

Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:23 AM
I must've misremembered where I'd downloaded it from. Sorry to cause any consternation.

We now return you to your regular programming...
RedBeardSean is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:25 AM
Actually, I'll take any and all content created by users. It doesnt matter the file extension or the materials, so send everything you have along.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 26th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Hey chiefweasel, I like the new setup for your sites file repository, but I have a few nitpicks, which I'll point out below.

1 - It is spelled Exalted in Book of Exalted Deeds, not Exhaulted.

2 - For the Complete Warrior feats I should get partial credit, B0drin did start them, but I completed the rest and did a lot of programming for my part.

3 - Complete Scoundrel Skill tricks is listed twice, but the second listing for Mindcloud does not have a link. Also duplicated with no link is Mindcloud's Spell Compendium file. The same no link issue with your MIC Item powers, Halfling Outrider and Kensai files, my dragon magazine compendium feats & Beholder Mage PrC files.

4 - Most importantly for me, I'd like to request a "last updated" date listed. Even when I list a particular set as "Done" I may have to revisit them later. For example, I just started doing monster feats that depend on things like creature type, so I went through and changed all the races I have entered to have a Race.typXXX tag for pre-req purposes.

It would help me to know what version you had so I could send you more recent ones.
Lawful_g is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old June 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
4 - Most importantly for me, I'd like to request a "last updated" date listed. Even when I list a particular set as "Done" I may have to revisit them later. For example, I just started doing monster feats that depend on things like creature type, so I went through and changed all the races I have entered to have a Race.typXXX tag for pre-req purposes.

It would help me to know what version you had so I could send you more recent ones.
I had an idea about that. I propose we create a simple thing in our files name it something like Name = "Version 1.0" UniqueID = "__(book abbreviation)" This would allow us to incorporate version numbers, update notes, release date, author, ect... in a place we could all reference. We could also also benefit from a standardized naming system for our files i.e. something like Spellbook_Compendium.user or SBC.User. What do you guys think?
Mindcloud is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
I had an idea about that. I propose we create a simple thing in our files name it something like Name = "Version 1.0" UniqueID = "__(book abbreviation)" This would allow us to incorporate version numbers, update notes, release date, author, ect... in a place we could all reference.
I think you are talking just about your 3.5 stuff, but I like the idea of the Simple Version thing. Plus I could put in the change notes in their also. I am going to start doing that I think for my pathfinder files.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; June 28th, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 28th, 2010, 04:36 PM
My naming system is thus:

Book Abbrev - Content type (Degree of completion & date last updated/modified)
Lawful_g is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 28th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Example:

CWar - Feats (C 6-15-10)
Lawful_g is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 1st, 2010, 08:45 AM
Here is an idea that sort of expands on Mindcloud's about versions. Though I think it will be more important for the Pathfinder editors than for 3.5. Pathfinder is still growing and changing so I and others have lots of fixes we have to keep putting into the books that are already done. This includes new errata and changes for Pathfinder Society games.

Things are going to get confusing so I plan to not only use the Simple thing version, but also plan to put a version number at the end of the Source Description. This way non-editors will easily and quickly know what version of the book they are currently using in HL and if they should/need to get a new version.

The description for a source can easily be edited using notepad directly in the XML files. So very easy to update.

If anyone has a better way of doing this I am all ears, but I think this will help the community to keep track of all the changes and updates for the Pathfinder data.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #40 Reply With Quote