Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Hi all,

We just did an update to add some missing feats and such to the custom output format, to help everyone get started with custom output. What other stuff is missing from the output that you want to use? Let us know, and I'll see if we can get it added.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old June 8th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Here are a few things I would like to see:
  • Modified CMB/CDM for combat maneuvers.
  • Custom weapon/armor special abilities. Basically the info in iCustSumm
  • An equipped field for weapons

This is what I can think of at the moment.
sebacore is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 8th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Something I found that does appear to be strange is that the following XML always says no armor equipped even when I have armor equipped.
Code:
  <armor name="No Armor Equipped" ac="+0">You need to equip armor to have its bonus apply to your Armor Class. Check the box to the left of the armor's name to equip it.</armor>
  <armor name="No Shield Equipped" ac="+0">You need to equip a shield to have its bonus apply to your Armor Class. Check the box to the left of the shield's name to equip it.</armor>
Not huge as I can always check for that Name and exclude them from print. Though it would be nice to actually know which suite of armor the character is actually wearing.

Something for a wish list to add would be the Adjustments/In-Play things that are activated and affecting a character. Some of my players have sheets that are for Rage or Enlarge or other Buff spells. So be nice to easily see this on the sheet as they have several printed at the game. This is a nice thing if you are guys are you know bored one day with nothing to do.

So I did notice after I updated last night that the hero validation report information now shows on the XML output. That is very nice actually. Gives me some ideas.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old June 8th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I would like to see the breakdown of the all the numbers and where they came from for all the skills, CMB, CMD, as well as the To hit numbers and AC breakdown too. It is kind of a good thing to see the breakdown in both the GUI and the character sheets

If this has already been implemented already then ignore this

Thanks!! I really do appreciate the custom output!!
Nikmal is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old June 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I just noticed that the @baseattack only provides the first attack.

7th lvl Fighter:
should be: 7/2
shows: 7
sebacore is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old June 8th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
I would like to see the breakdown of the all the numbers and where they came from for all the skills, CMB, CMD, as well as the To hit numbers and AC breakdown too. It is kind of a good thing to see the breakdown in both the GUI and the character sheets

Most of these are in there. I've seen all the numbers for skills and AC. I am playing around with the BAB and all those now.
sebacore is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nanan00

Old June 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I would like to see weapon and spell dice breakdowns beyond the default basics.

such as...

+1 Flaming Longsword, 1d8+1 +1d6, 19-20/x2

Red text is missing...

Magic missile shows as 1d4+1 at level 1 and at level 20, shouldn't this update as you level, it does in heroforge which is just an excel spread sheet.

I would like a short description output that shows the basics.

(Spell level) Spell Name, (Dice number modified to current level with adjustments that would alter the number of dice), type of damage or effect, duration, VSMDF?, Cast Time, Range touch/range touch/area, Range, save DC, spell resist?, BookPagenumber.

(1) Magic Missile, 3d4+3, Force Damage, Instant, VS, 1SA, Sight, 160feet(32sq), None, Yes, PHBXXX
Nanan00 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old June 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I second Nanan00's weapon and spell dice breakdown.

Some things I think are helpful.
  • Modifier breakdowns for skills, AC, in addition to the CMB/CMD request earlier in the thread.
  • Attacks could be broken down as well - i.e. main-hand, off-hand, etc. HL already does this on the character sheets, just not statblocks.
  • Full feat descriptions. I like what ShadowChemosh has already done.

Statblocks are harder for me to read for some reason, but I realize that a full sheet will be further down the line. I want to thank all of you who are working on new output for putting in the time and effort. Those of us who have no time to do this (or, like me, are looking at this in puzzlement in spite of knowing HTML and CSS) are grateful to all of you who do. So Thanks in advance.
Kinnakeeter is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old June 9th, 2011, 12:04 PM
The damage reduction section only provides the full text. Example: it displays "You have damage reduction from cold iron" instead of DR 6/Cold Iron.

The short name would be great.
sebacore is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old June 9th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Currently working my way down a full sheet. Hopefully I can have it done soon but somethings are going to take a little more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeeter View Post
I second Nanan00's weapon and spell dice breakdown.

Some things I think are helpful.
  • Modifier breakdowns for skills, AC, in addition to the CMB/CMD request earlier in the thread.
  • Attacks could be broken down as well - i.e. main-hand, off-hand, etc. HL already does this on the character sheets, just not statblocks.
  • Full feat descriptions. I like what ShadowChemosh has already done.

Statblocks are harder for me to read for some reason, but I realize that a full sheet will be further down the line. I want to thank all of you who are working on new output for putting in the time and effort. Those of us who have no time to do this (or, like me, are looking at this in puzzlement in spite of knowing HTML and CSS) are grateful to all of you who do. So Thanks in advance.
sebacore is offline   #10 Reply With Quote