Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

skillmonkey

Old May 14th, 2018, 10:48 PM
When characters are in town, spending their ill gotten gains, they need to know what magic items are available to purchase.
Theres a table for it, page 461 core rules...
Ohh, that's gonna take a while, wouldn't it be nice if there was a tool or app to do this?

Please can you create a plugin to do this for us?

The tool should:
- generate a list of available items using teh availability rules on p461 core rules.
- the user should input a town name and size and click a generate button.
- the user can manually delete items from the list (if purchased by a character).
- the list will be saved for later visits to the town.
- a previous list can be recalled if characters wish to shop in that town again.
- a list will have a refresh button for use when a short to medium period of time has passed. this will determine if any of the items have been sold already and if any new items have become available.
- if the generate button is pressed with an existing list open, it will completely replace the list with a new list. for use when a long period of time has passed.
- the list should contain items from the core rules plus only expansions that are active on the current portfolio.
- the list should be printable for circulation to players.

I realise that this is not a trivial task. I have attempted this myself in Excell using data from pfsrd but I am not a developer and it was too much for me.
I am surprised that there isn't already an app for this.
I really hope can do this.
skillmonkey is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old May 15th, 2018, 02:58 PM
While this would be an awesome tool to have (I've used online generators, but they are typically limited to core book items) and I can see how the information on sources would be part of that, it's really not in line with what Hero Lab is for - it seems a lot more like a Realm Works tool than a Hero Lab one.

I've ended up not generating lists at all if there isn't one included in a module/AP; I hack up a table based on price and commonality and the Size and Base Value of the location, and I just roll on it when the players ask about an item.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote