Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

d20Maverick

Old May 1st, 2012, 03:44 PM
I am definitely interested in contributing as well. I'm not afraid to go into the editor, but have only done minor modifications so far. My group is going through the DoD Star Wars Saga campaign, but our GM laments the fact that there is no easy way to build SWSE characters, so a HeroLab dataset would be immensely helpful (since I finally convinced most of my group to invest in HeroLab for our M&M games, and then many of them picked it up for the Pathfinder AP that I'm running).
d20Maverick is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Onyxmoron

Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:35 PM
I would be willing to help out with any data entry needed! I'm getting ready to run a SWSE campaign and being able to use Hero Lab would be invaluable!
Onyxmoron is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Moschops

Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d20Maverick View Post
I am definitely interested in contributing as well. I'm not afraid to go into the editor, but have only done minor modifications so far. My group is going through the DoD Star Wars Saga campaign, but our GM laments the fact that there is no easy way to build SWSE characters, so a HeroLab dataset would be immensely helpful (since I finally convinced most of my group to invest in HeroLab for our M&M games, and then many of them picked it up for the Pathfinder AP that I'm running).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxmoron View Post
I would be willing to help out with any data entry needed! I'm getting ready to run a SWSE campaign and being able to use Hero Lab would be invaluable!
Hi guys! Thanks for the interest.

What I'm doing right now is tearing down the 4e skeleton files included with the authoring kit and trying to learn more about the scripting language, the basic functions included with the program/kit and the guidelines for the xml markup for the data.

This is turning out to be extremely slow going as the documentation is a little sparse in some areas (which happen to be the ones I need the most help with). I'm still not clear on much of the stuff, but I've been plodding though as best I can.

Hopefully within a week or two I'll have all the tabs reworked and will be able to start putting data into the xml files.

Organization so far (by tab/screen)

1. Configure (starting level, configuration options, etc.)
2. Personal Info (Name, Race, Height, Weight, Hair/Fur Color, Age, etc.)
3. Species (This should be pretty simple)
4. Class Levels (like PF, table with drop downs) & XP
5. Attributes/Defenses (S,D,C,I,W,CH & Ref/Fort/Will & Damage Threshold)
6. Skills (This should also be pretty simple as there is only the option to train and focus skills)
7. Feats (Simple)
8. Talents (Simple, just a variation of the feat tab)
9. Destiny (choice, completion, and destiny points)
10. The Force (Powers)
11. Weapons (Simple)
12. Equipment (Simple)
13. Starships (This is going to be a beast to implement, especially with crewed ships & vehicles. Still, this is one of the funnest parts of the game. If there's one tool I'd love to have for Saga, it would be something that calculates all the stuff involved with starship and vehicle combat)
14. Droid (optional...still not entirely sure how to implement this)
15. In Play
16. Journal

Right now I'm at about 30% of getting the framework together, but I've been having problem with dependencies and such within the tabs and the scripts. This prevents me from recompiling the data files easily, and leads to a LOT of poking around. I'm getting faster/better, but I've still got a way to go.

I would almost prefer starting *without* a skeleton and build up more from scratch. Does anyone know if there is such a beast?

As for data entry, I'm not sure how much can be openly discussed here due to copyright issues. I'll consider setting up a project site if people are still interested in helping out.
Moschops is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
TheBullDog

Old March 30th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moschops View Post
Hi guys! Thanks for the interest.

What I'm doing right now is tearing down the 4e skeleton files included with the authoring kit and trying to learn more about the scripting language, the basic functions included with the program/kit and the guidelines for the xml markup for the data.

This is turning out to be extremely slow going as the documentation is a little sparse in some areas (which happen to be the ones I need the most help with). I'm still not clear on much of the stuff, but I've been plodding though as best I can.

Hopefully within a week or two I'll have all the tabs reworked and will be able to start putting data into the xml files.

Organization so far (by tab/screen)

1. Configure (starting level, configuration options, etc.)
2. Personal Info (Name, Race, Height, Weight, Hair/Fur Color, Age, etc.)
3. Species (This should be pretty simple)
4. Class Levels (like PF, table with drop downs) & XP
5. Attributes/Defenses (S,D,C,I,W,CH & Ref/Fort/Will & Damage Threshold)
6. Skills (This should also be pretty simple as there is only the option to train and focus skills)
7. Feats (Simple)
8. Talents (Simple, just a variation of the feat tab)
9. Destiny (choice, completion, and destiny points)
10. The Force (Powers)
11. Weapons (Simple)
12. Equipment (Simple)
13. Starships (This is going to be a beast to implement, especially with crewed ships & vehicles. Still, this is one of the funnest parts of the game. If there's one tool I'd love to have for Saga, it would be something that calculates all the stuff involved with starship and vehicle combat)
14. Droid (optional...still not entirely sure how to implement this)
15. In Play
16. Journal

Right now I'm at about 30% of getting the framework together, but I've been having problem with dependencies and such within the tabs and the scripts. This prevents me from recompiling the data files easily, and leads to a LOT of poking around. I'm getting faster/better, but I've still got a way to go.

I would almost prefer starting *without* a skeleton and build up more from scratch. Does anyone know if there is such a beast?

As for data entry, I'm not sure how much can be openly discussed here due to copyright issues. I'll consider setting up a project site if people are still interested in helping out.
Any luck/progress in this development?
TheBullDog is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Jemstone

Old December 30th, 2013, 05:15 PM
*Engaging Thread Necromancy Ritual*

Any word on this? I'm starting a Star Wars Saga game soon and would love to be able to use Hero Lab for it.

(Mind you, I'd love it more if I could use Hero Lab on the iPads my group is using for our Pathfinder game, but I suspect non-PFRPG systems are a long way out)
Jemstone is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
GmanV2

Old June 7th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemstone View Post

Any word on this? I'm starting a Star Wars Saga game soon and would love to be able to use Hero Lab for it.
Any word now?
GmanV2 is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old July 26th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Just stopping by to see if this has had any progress.
SAbel is offline   #47 Reply With Quote