Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Agyess

Old October 29th, 2017, 07:31 PM
I made some changes to my main file and now its broken... I can't get back into pathfinder to be able to fix it.

*edit*
So I moved my files out of the fold reloaded hl then put my files back and it seems to have fixed the issue...

Last edited by Agyess; October 29th, 2017 at 07:39 PM.
Agyess is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old October 29th, 2017, 09:59 PM
If worse comes to worst, you can always backup the pathfinder folder, delete it, and re-download the core system. Then you can re-add the community pack. Then you can re-add your custom content from your backups.

It's also a good idea to make backups of your custom content before you start changing things, so you can always revert to a working state.

And in the same manner that the community packs all start with COM_, you can give your own files a different prefix to identify them as your own, and to keep them all grouped when sorting by name.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Agyess

Old October 30th, 2017, 02:57 AM
ultimately #1 is what I did, though I didn't have to redownload just remove the offending files... whats strange is that it worked fine when I put the files back and restarted (x2 once to bases state and then back). But it didn't get fix when just restarting.

#3 is something I do, but I'm also thinking I need to keep like changes in different files instead of all in one giant one.

#2 is something I always think about ... after I have broken something!

thanks
Agyess is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 30th, 2017, 10:52 AM
I am going to assume here and lets see if I am right. You where working in the editor with your own files. But you have the Community Pack installed. You where using Test Now! And suddenly got a list of errors that look like this:

Code:
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 81) - Tag Group 'mDescript' - Referenced tag group 'sDescript' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 91) - Tag Group 'mLevel' - Referenced tag group 'sLevel' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 129) - Tag Group 'mSave' - Referenced tag group 'sSave' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 204) - Tag Group 'PWActNRG' - Referenced tag group 'PriElement' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Tags.1st (line 46) - Tag Group 'PathSkill' - Referenced tag group 'ClassSkill' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Tags.1st (line 89) - Tag Group 'PsicrystID' - Referenced tag group 'ClassSkill' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack - Tags.1st (line 194) - Tag Group 'DamAbil' - Referenced tag group 'AttrDamage' does not exist
If this is all true then nothing you did wrong and the ONLY fix is to totally shut down HL and start it up again. This is a known bug that I have been dealing with for about a year now. The issue is its totally random and I can never constantly recreate the issue so LW can fix.

Just wanted to let you know you didn’t do anything wrong and nothing to do but shut down HL and restart it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 30th, 2017, 01:16 PM
@Shadow I had that happen to me last yesterday. (Exactly the circumstances you mention) It had me quite confused, but I restarted and things were fine. I'm pleased to learn that its "known".

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Agyess

Old October 31st, 2017, 12:21 AM
That looks alot like what I got
Agyess is offline   #6 Reply With Quote