Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ultima_Angel

Old April 22nd, 2016, 06:18 PM
I just got the Ultimate Intrigue data package for Pathfinder. I was working on making a character wanted to add Fencing Grace feat and noticed it was missing. I double checked that it was selected on the menu and the other feats are available, with the exception of Shadow of Fear which is also missing, and still could not find it. Is there any other content missing for the package? was this done on purpose? I did noticed that Starry Grace was added to it. So if anyone has any answers I would love to know because it would suck that I paid for that package and it is missing content. I have tried looking through the forum and did not find anything, so if anyone knows if this was addressed before please let me know. Thanks.
Ultima_Angel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old April 23rd, 2016, 04:09 AM
Best you can do is try an official bug report (they are anything that you find incorrect).
Anyway it is true that Fencing grace got reprinted in that book but don't know how lonewolf normally handles those reprints. Officially it come from "advanced class origins" and is also the current source that supplies it.

It might be that they just forgot to add the new source to the feat. This might also be the case for the other stuff you mentioned. (didn't look those specifically up)
Togainu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:34 AM
Having inputted the majority of the content from UI I can tell you all the feats are there and sourced with Ultimate Intrigue. FYI, the only content that was not included was that dealing with Social Combat and Verbal Duels since HL is a primarily a character creator and making new interfaces, etc. for those would have taken up of hours and not have gotten the book released on time.

Have you tried reactivating your license. Sometimes that works.

Also, make sure on the Configure your Hero panel you have Ultimate Intrigue checked.
frumple is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ultima_Angel

Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frumple View Post
Having inputted the majority of the content from UI I can tell you all the feats are there and sourced with Ultimate Intrigue. FYI, the only content that was not included was that dealing with Social Combat and Verbal Duels since HL is a primarily a character creator and making new interfaces, etc. for those would have taken up of hours and not have gotten the book released on time.

Have you tried reactivating your license. Sometimes that works.

Also, make sure on the Configure your Hero panel you have Ultimate Intrigue checked.
Yes I had reloaded the license and Ultimate Intrigue was selected. I actually went as far as checking feat by feat comparing the ultimate intrigue pfd feats vs the ones hero lab loaded and both Fencing Grace and Shadow of fear were the ones that were not listed in the feat window in hero lab. Do note that I do not have advanced class origins which is the original place where fencing grace was listed.
Ultima_Angel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:50 AM
hmmm. that is strange since Shadows of Fear is a UI only feat as well.

When I deselected ACO I still see Fencing Grace on my end.

I am not sure why you are not seeing those two feats. All I can tell you at this point is report it as a potential bug, and the HL folks will get back to you.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.
frumple is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old April 23rd, 2016, 09:01 AM
I just checked and I see Fencing Grace and Shadows of Fear as well.

When you look at the Feats, do you have "Everything" or "Only valid items" selected?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ultima_Angel

Old April 23rd, 2016, 09:07 AM
UPDATE: I caved and bough ACO and now its showing Fencing Grace with or without ACO selected and is listing UI as a source material. Shadow of Fear is still nowhere to be found and I have "Everything" Selected. Screenshots to follow on next post.
Ultima_Angel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old April 23rd, 2016, 10:11 AM
Note: it is "Shadows of Fear", not "Shadow of Fear"

Don't know if that would make a difference or not.
frumple is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 23rd, 2016, 10:23 AM
When an existing item is reprinted in a new book, there are three steps we need to do - first, make any changes to the text and effects. Second, add a new source, third, move it outside the package it's in. The step that was missed in this case was the third step, and I'm very sorry about that. If a user doesn't own a package, all of the content in that package is skipped, regardless of what sources are assigned to that piece of content, so that's what happened in this case.

The fencing grace issue will be fixed in the next update, and it's only 4 days to the last Wednesday of the month, so that'll be pretty soon.

Shadows of Fear is not a feat that was updated from a previous book - that one's new to Ultimate Intrigue, and I do not see anything about it that would prevent it from being shown if Ultimate Intrigue is active. So whatever's preventing you from seeing that is a separate issue.
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
Ultima_Angel

Old April 23rd, 2016, 10:48 AM
Update: after reloading the license for the new package that I bough, Shadows of Fear does now appear on the Feat list so it might have just have been a random mishap. Thanks for the support.
Ultima_Angel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote