Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kraupaul

Old October 8th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I hope I’m missing something but I can’t figure out where to create an intelligent weapon IN THE EDITOR.
Kraupaul is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 03:04 PM
An Intelligent weapon is just a specific magic weapon when created in the Editor.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old April 16th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
An Intelligent weapon is just a specific magic weapon when created in the Editor.
This answer seems to have worked for the person who started this thread (or at least he didn't ask any follow-ups) but I don't get it.

I've created a new magic weapon. But in terms of all of the options below the descriptive text I don't see any options to create intelligent weapons. Maybe I'm missing it. Can someone show me how to add Intelligence, special purposes, etc. to magic weapons?

I searched youtube and didn't find anything, as well as the web generally, and the forums. At least wasn't finding anything quickly.

A few simple go to this options, etc., should work. But if it's intricate maybe someone could help me by attaching a screen shot or so. Or if there's a youtube tutorial or something someone could link me to, that would great. Thanks.
lortondm is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old April 16th, 2016, 12:15 PM
There really is no great way of making intelligent items in the editor as if they you had made them as a custom magic weapon on the hero's Weapons tab via the Intelligent item panel.

I have tried this myself by bootstrapping int. item abilities but it only goes so far. Many of the things that make up an intelligent item are contained within things that are not directly accessible to users.

For now, the easiest way is just to make the item with the descriptive text.
frumple is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old April 16th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frumple View Post
There really is no great way of making intelligent items in the editor as if they you had made them as a custom magic weapon on the hero's Weapons tab via the Intelligent item panel.

I have tried this myself by bootstrapping int. item abilities but it only goes so far. Many of the things that make up an intelligent item are contained within things that are not directly accessible to users.

For now, the easiest way is just to make the item with the descriptive text.
Hopefully they will add that functionality in the future.
lortondm is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old April 19th, 2016, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lortondm View Post
This answer seems to have worked for the person who started this thread (or at least he didn't ask any follow-ups) but I don't get it.

I've created a new magic weapon. But in terms of all of the options below the descriptive text I don't see any options to create intelligent weapons. Maybe I'm missing it. Can someone show me how to add Intelligence, special purposes, etc. to magic weapons?

I searched youtube and didn't find anything, as well as the web generally, and the forums. At least wasn't finding anything quickly.

A few simple go to this options, etc., should work. But if it's intricate maybe someone could help me by attaching a screen shot or so. Or if there's a youtube tutorial or something someone could link me to, that would great. Thanks.
Unless you're making something that's not according to the standard template for intelligent weapons, click on the "Is Intelligent" box when making a magic weapon. That will open up a new window where you can put in abilities and such.
LazarX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote