Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Lonewolf147

Old March 18th, 2015, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
This is no small project to take on, mate. You should consider having some users of the software help out. Doling out the projects in terms of a solid breakdown will get it done faster. There are a few hundred monsters in the Monster Manual to tackle and it won't be a small feat to do the entire book.
This is something that Sendic and I have talked about in the past.

Sendic, just PM me when you're ready to take this on and you'll have my support.
Lonewolf147 is offline   #341 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 18th, 2015, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
This is something that Sendic and I have talked about in the past.

Sendic, just PM me when you're ready to take this on and you'll have my support.
I will. Thank you. I think what I will do is finish the current release, then we can get started on that project. The biggest issue with that is that the monster races will need to be edited as well. We'll discuss that when the time comes though. Thanks again.
Sendric is offline   #342 Reply With Quote
PsychoPif

Old March 19th, 2015, 03:28 PM
If I start creating some portfolios and the race get updated, will I have to start over?
Is the process of combining portfolios documented somewhere?

I'd gladly help if my work doesn't go wasted.
PsychoPif is offline   #343 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoPif View Post
If I start creating some portfolios and the race get updated, will I have to start over?
Most of the time no but depending on the change it can require a resave of the file (ie Open the .por file put a space in the name and then remove space and then save file). But HL has a feature in it called "Tools->Prepare Portfolio" for distribution that can do that for you and is able to automatically do all the .por/.stock files in a folder.

Quote:
Yea not sure. But its pretty simple you go to the "Portfolio" option and then do "Import portfolio" or something like that. That would combine multiple .por files into a single .por. Once you do this for say all the "A" monsters you would change the ending from .por to a .stock file.

Then it goes into the programData\HeroLab\data\d20 folder to allow the Encounter Builder to read it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #344 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 20th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Quote:

I'd gladly help if my work doesn't go wasted.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are not ready to start working on this project yet though. Or at least I'm not. Once I am, I will let you know and we will coordinate the effort.
Sendric is offline   #345 Reply With Quote
xkaliburr

Old March 21st, 2015, 01:00 PM
I will be happy to help out on that as well. I apparently suck at creating classes, but if you want me to build some monsters, I will be happy to do so.

Also, is there a master list anywhere of the stuff that needs creating. I would be happy to try my hand at some feats and items and such.
xkaliburr is offline   #346 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 22nd, 2015, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaliburr View Post
I will be happy to help out on that as well. I apparently suck at creating classes, but if you want me to build some monsters, I will be happy to do so.

Also, is there a master list anywhere of the stuff that needs creating. I would be happy to try my hand at some feats and items and such.
Thanks. I have a partial list on a spreadsheet somewhere, but it's far from being a "master list". I've been meaning to make a thread for it at some point, but haven't gotten around to it. Once I dig that up, I could let you know. Is there any source(s) in particular you might be interested in working on?
Sendric is offline   #347 Reply With Quote
xkaliburr

Old March 29th, 2015, 07:07 AM
I really like Dungeonscape, BoED and Complete Divine. But I am willing to help wherever.
xkaliburr is offline   #348 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 30th, 2015, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaliburr View Post
I really like Dungeonscape, BoED and Complete Divine. But I am willing to help wherever.
The equipment from Dungeonscape has not been entered yet. If you want to take a crack at that, I would be happy to include it in the community set. I plan on putting out a new release relatively soon, though, so most likely it will be in the next release.
Sendric is offline   #349 Reply With Quote
xkaliburr

Old March 30th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Sounds good. I will see what I can do. Any preference on delivery?
xkaliburr is offline   #350 Reply With Quote