Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

weaverjk

Old January 8th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Hello! I am new to Realmworks and HeroLabs.

Is there a web site (here would be nice) that provides links to user/fan content for Realmworks?

My group plays D&D - BECMI, AD&D 1st, AD&D 2nd, and AD&D 2nd with Options. We do not play v3 through v5.

I am seeking the data structure files (datasets, datafiles, whatever they are called for RW) to hit the ground running with the versions of D&D/AD&D which our group plays. Would you be able to provide links to people who offer up their datasets for these systems?

It's been a few months since I watched the tutorials and read up on the Authoring Lab Kit. I need to go back and watch those.
While I could begin work on the datasets myself, I would appreciate saving myself the time and hassle if someone else has done the hard work and is kind enough to share their labor of love with the rest of us.

Thank you kindly,

John
weaverjk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 9th, 2018, 05:20 AM
John,
That is one of the purposes the "content market" is to serve for the community. Unfortunately, its been a looooong time in coming. With no real forecast as to when that event will occur.
There have been smallish steps in the direction over the years both from LWD and Massive workarounds by several of the community for import / exporting and printing, but as of yet there is no central shared location.

For your Herolab part, I would suggest splitting your question and submitting that part in the game specific your interested in under the herolab side of the forum. You'll get a more rapid response for that part there. I believe I recall reading there were several creating a 1e and 2e version of herolab in the authoring subset, but honestly not certain if they have a "Community set" built yet like those maintained for Pathfinder or 3.5
I see you have looked into the 1e and the thread looks dead,
here is one for 2e
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45876

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; January 9th, 2018 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Added herolab comment
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 9th, 2018, 05:33 AM
For RW your best bet is the D&D5e realm. The differences between that and earlier editions should be minimal as far as RW goes. As of yet there is no D&D content you can buy or download, and until LWD gets a license with WotC there likely won't be.

On the Herolab side you should check as described above. I'm pretty sure there are community projects for BECMI, AD&D and 2ndE.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 9th, 2018, 12:55 PM
We have some stuff. Check my signature. But it's primarily for 5e since that's what what the sharing people are playing.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old January 11th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Some one was working on a 2E Hero Lab set. One thing you can do is if you have the old 2E Core rules 2.0 & expansion and all the online free content that was done for them is you can export characters and data into HTML format that is easy to just bring into Realm Works with minimal work. and most of the official 2e rule books on the 2.0 and Core rules and Expansion have HTML version that makes inputting easier.

Some one did some of the 1st edition modules for Realm Works and you can find some images that can help you with seeing how a 1st edition module looks like when entered.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
weaverjk

Old January 19th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

Due to multiple hard disk drive drops, I've lost all of my AD&D CR2.0E files, including stuff I made. Does anyone have any good links to find stuff? I've found a small bit on the net, but the huge chuncks of data appear to be held on questionable pay sites.
weaverjk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverjk View Post
Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

Due to multiple hard disk drive drops, I've lost all of my AD&D CR2.0E files, including stuff I made. Does anyone have any good links to find stuff? I've found a small bit on the net, but the huge chuncks of data appear to be held on questionable pay sites.
You might check the Wayback machine... it used to be an archive for allsorts of gaming, though I don't know how well its maintained now... IF looking for 1e or 2e greyhawk campaign specific, then I would suggest Canonfire.com (but I'm bias since I write for them)

DLG
http://archive.org/web/web.php
http://canonfire.com/

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old January 22nd, 2018, 11:42 AM
weaver always make backups... you can uplaod encrypted to dropbox, you can buy and use a NAS making your own cloud.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old January 22nd, 2018, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverjk View Post
Due to multiple hard disk drive drops, I've lost all of my AD&D CR2.0E files, including stuff I made. Does anyone have any good links to find stuff?
All the AD&D 2e rules are online at http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
All the AD&D 2e rules are online at http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/
Note, however, the very first line on that page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleworm.org
By using the following web pages you agree that you will not make copies of this legally purchased ... data ....
(Not that it'll stop anyone, but I felt it fair to bring up.)

Parody is offline   #10 Reply With Quote