Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Toblakai

Old January 18th, 2018, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalekendar View Post
*Checking...yep, per month "service fee" that if not paid will stop you from making characters...meets the definition of a "subscription service"...*\

Ahem, you were saying?
I was commenting on your whining, not the service fee. (Cheese goes with whine, you know...)

Fortunately LWD is not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to pay, obviously you will be one of those that won't.

Last edited by Toblakai; January 18th, 2018 at 08:00 AM.
Toblakai is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Ian

Old January 18th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
if they are going to push HLO at Gencon, it would be a real bad idea for them to not provide WiFi.
We don't have anything concrete to say on this subject yet, but we very much have it mind.
Ian is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 19th, 2018, 01:11 AM
What comes next... after providing WiFi along with HLO, do we expect them to provide a smart phone or tablet?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old January 19th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Isn't that Amazon's job?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Ian

Old January 20th, 2018, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
What comes next... after providing WiFi along with HLO, do we expect them to provide a smart phone or tablet?
I think it's fair to say the wifi thing is a legitimate concern, especially for big convention halls, where it's not unusual for there to be areas with no cell service at all. It's not something we can help with everywhere, but it's something we're definitely thinking about for conventions where we have an official presence providing character creation stations for Paizo.
Ian is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 20th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
I think the point of providing WiFi was not to provide it for general use, but for them to have it available for their own demonstrations. I would expect the same in regards to a smart phone or a tablet. I wouldn't expect them to provide these things to their customers, but yes, I would expect them to have at least one of each available for a demonstration.

If you're pitching a product at a gaming convention, I expect to be able to take your product for a test drive, at least on its major selling points.
EightBitz is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:19 AM
Well, to be honest, it would be a smart marketing move. You have hundreds and hundreds of people in the Paizo room at GenCon playing games almost 24hr for 4 days.

Scene 1: sitting at the table with tablet running HLO on cell phone hotspot (or just on cell phone/etc)
"Whatcha got running there?"
"HLO. Pretty cool, you can view all your stuff and apply modifiers like this...hold on...sorry...hold...on 3g here in this corner...one sec...here! and then you can...hold on...one minute....hold...."
"So you have to be online eh? Hmm, seems to be working um...great...ya..."

vs

Free wifi:
"Whatcha got running there?"
"HLO. it's pretty sweet, you can see your feats here, and your gear here. And apply temp conditions here. Or look up that new item like this..."
"Nice. I'll have to check it out! How much is it?"

I mean, like, if you are going to be selling a product at a convention, SELL the product! Why would you do anything to not put you product in the very best light it can be in?

edit: I'm not saying that's not their intention, in fact it does seem to be what they are looking into...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release

Last edited by Jamz; January 22nd, 2018 at 10:21 AM.
Jamz is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
SirCuddleBeard

Old July 25th, 2019, 12:09 PM
This might also be a game changer for me as well...

Hero Lab online doesn't allow me to create shadowrun characters. or 5e. Just pathfinder and starfinder.

....just pathfinder...and starfinder...

I don't play either of those. And I have an incredible android tablet that I'd love to pull my characters up on.

Not trying to be mean or anything. But loyalty only goes so far... when something becomes more inconvenient than it is convenient...

I also have a surface.. I'd love to move HL to that, but I'm not buying a second license and I've not had success getting the second license for my surface.
SirCuddleBeard is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old July 25th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCuddleBeard View Post
This might also be a game changer for me as well...

Hero Lab online doesn't allow me to create shadowrun characters. or 5e. Just pathfinder and starfinder.

....just pathfinder...and starfinder...

I don't play either of those. And I have an incredible android tablet that I'd love to pull my characters up on.

Not trying to be mean or anything. But loyalty only goes so far... when something becomes more inconvenient than it is convenient...

I also have a surface.. I'd love to move HL to that, but I'm not buying a second license and I've not had success getting the second license for my surface.
They've said in the past that the ultimate plan is to get all the existing systems ported over to HLO. If they hold true to that, then Shadowrun will eventually be available for HLO, and your existing access to it should carry over, so you wouldn't have to buy it again. That's what they've been saying, at least.

What problems have you had getting your second license to work on your surface? I've had no issues with mine.
EightBitz is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old July 26th, 2019, 07:46 AM
They have said SR6 will be HLO and are suggesting only HLO, no HLC.
Tekwych is offline   #40 Reply With Quote