Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

A1uc3rd

Old April 7th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Currently, I am having a little trouble getting hero lab to allow me to create Magical Arrows in a lower quantity than 50. I realize the rules for this normally require them to be created in lots of 50, but the DM isn't giving me 50 bane arrows to play with. At most in the treasure I have gotten is about 10. Normally what I have been doing is just creating a lot of 50 and setting it to a number of arrows I have. But this is in itself inefficient for the purposes of giving my DM an accurate accounting of my wealth due to the other 40 arrows that monetarily had to be accounted for, but never existed. I managed to fix a similar issue I had with Cure Moderate Wounds wands by instead of adding the whole wand of 50 charges and accounting for how many charges I had. I simply added a custom wand with fewer charges on the same spell. What I am hoping for is some kind of recommended solution that would be similar to the wand issue I had.
A1uc3rd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old April 7th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Sadly, at the moment the only way to do this is to buy your ammunition in lots of 50 and then immediately sell back the excess amount.

This is a sore point with our party Gunslinger, who crafts a lot of special ammunition, as the program cannot calculate a sale price based on the Crafting cost and he has to do all the money figuring separately, which he hates.

It's also especially clumsy given the new Transaction Record in the Journal.

Then again, I've never figured out why the developers insist in treating Ammunition as Melee Weapons instead of properly applying its effect to your equipped weapon when loaded.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote