Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old December 18th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I used to be a Forward ET on the USS Kamehameha, SSBN 642.

I got out as an ET2/SS in '95.

Welcome to Hero Lab!

Dave
BoomerET is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Tarrien

Old December 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
I used to be a Forward ET on the USS Kamehameha, SSBN 642.

I got out as an ET2/SS in '95.
I was FTG/SS on the USS Parche SSN 683 and got out in '76.

I'm currently an out of work programmer with a strong love of Traveller so if you would like to work together on a HL Traveller 5 port I would be up for it. Actually my user id Tarrien is the name of a Traveller character from back in '86 which I use for all my online games. I just got HL about 3 days ago so I'm a total noob at figuring out how the thing works.
Tarrien is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old December 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Ahh, the ParcheFish!

Knew some guys that used to serve on it, but probably after you did.

He was a bartendar at the Horse & Cow in Vallejo, CA.

Once we get our books, let's knock this thing out for T5!

BoomerET
BoomerET is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Tarrien

Old December 19th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Yeah, I got off just before they made the transit from Charleston to Mare Island for the refit.
Tarrien is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Stargrove

Old February 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I was a surface ET (Satcom and LOS radios) on a Spruance when I was in...got out in '94. Always loved Traveller and would be willing to help as well after I get my book.

James

Last edited by Stargrove; February 13th, 2013 at 06:11 PM.
Stargrove is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM
Books should be coming out soon!!!

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Tarrien

Old April 14th, 2013, 06:01 AM
I contacted Marc Miller and T5 is an extension of the D6 rules (Classic Traveller/MegaTraveller/etc.) so I looked over my old books to refresh my memory on character generation. One thing I noticed is some versions required the character home world and star system to be created since this granted some skills. Would HL work for generating the Star system/Home world?

Also a big part of a few of the old rule sets granted skills randomly as the character progressed through the years of each term of service. This would require storing the various skill tables and using random die roles since the user does not pick them like other systems. Does HL have any way to do something like this?

I've been looking through the HL xml files and have not been able to locate the class data, where does the kit pull this info? So if I have a Rogue in Pathfinder where does the definition for the level advancement reside?
Tarrien is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Kairos
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrien View Post
I contacted Marc Miller and T5 is an extension of the D6 rules (Classic Traveller/MegaTraveller/etc.) so I looked over my old books to refresh my memory on character generation. One thing I noticed is some versions required the character home world and star system to be created since this granted some skills. Would HL work for generating the Star system/Home world?

Also a big part of a few of the old rule sets granted skills randomly as the character progressed through the years of each term of service. This would require storing the various skill tables and using random die roles since the user does not pick them like other systems. Does HL have any way to do something like this?
Hero Lab's core structure is based on explicit picks, but you can randomly generate numbers. You maybe could hack up something, but I'm not sure how efficient it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrien View Post
I've been looking through the HL xml files and have not been able to locate the class data, where does the kit pull this info? So if I have a Rogue in Pathfinder where does the definition for the level advancement reside?
You definitely want to spend time with the authoring kit wiki. The overview and Savage Worlds walkthrough are very useful:

http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index.php5/Main_Page
Kairos is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Stargrove

Old April 24th, 2013, 08:12 PM
I don't think HL would need to roll any dice for users. It does not do any of this for the other systems it supports, at least not for any of the D20 systems anyways. I would forsee you just rolling dice outside of HL and picking the results until you are done generating your character. The HL interface would just adapt to your choices as you go along depending on race and careers. Once a character is generated you only need a place to keep track of stats, skills, and your stuff similar to other systems.

James

PS: I got my T5 book on Monday! It is probably the biggest RPG book I have ever owned, and I have a lot of them. The closest one I had before was the Pathfinder Core Rulebook. I forgot about Traveller's penchant for tables, tables, and...did I mention tables. There is a lot to absorb.

Last edited by Stargrove; April 24th, 2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added stiff
Stargrove is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 25th, 2013, 04:50 AM
For planets and such, they could be created outside of HL and the information just used within HL. I think the NBOS Astrosynthisis program can make Traveller based systems with the push of a button. But I havent messed with it in a while so I could be thinking of something else. There are some great web resources of system creation. Just do a serach and see what you find.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #30 Reply With Quote