Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

redward

Old July 20th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I'm getting the same error. Seems to be happening with all of my portfolios, so I tried opening a new one and outputting that. Same error.

Here's the XML from the new portfolio. Hopefully the lack of character information will make it easier to locate the culprit.

Thanks again as always for the work you do.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Unnamed_Hero.xml.zip (10.6 KB, 1 views)
redward is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 20th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redward View Post
I'm getting the same error. Seems to be happening with all of my portfolios, so I tried opening a new one and outputting that. Same error.

Here's the XML from the new portfolio. Hopefully the lack of character information will make it easier to locate the culprit.

Thanks again as always for the work you do.

Thanks for letting me know; I'll look into this when I return from vacation. BTW, what platform (OS) are you using?
AncientOne is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
pfworks

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narl View Post
I just get a grey background with a link to this thread on the new version of the sheet. Running OS X 10.7.4. I tried both the latest versions of Safari and Firefox.
I get the same thing on 10.6.8
pfworks is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Xyzzy

Old July 20th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Looks good, and I like the ability to move sections around; however at least on Firefox 14 if I depopulate a column I find I can't shift anything back into it. Also in some cases* if I want section (a) below section (b) when section (b) is at the bottom of the page, I need to place (a) above (b), then shift (b) up above (a). This is most noticeable, for me at least, trying to put something under the weapon list.

Also either having a reset button or calling out that switching between landscape and portrait will reset the sections to their default positions might be an idea.

*I say some cases as that's the only one I recall and at the moment I'm away from my PC with Hero Lab.
Xyzzy is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
redward

Old July 20th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Thanks for letting me know; I'll look into this when I return from vacation. BTW, what platform (OS) are you using?
Chrome 20.0.1132.17 beta on OS X 10.7.4. I also tried it on Safari, Firefox and Opera, but I'm pretty sure the problem is happening during the output, so the browser probably isn't a factor (and you probably already knew that).
redward is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 21st, 2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
Looks good, and I like the ability to move sections around; however at least on Firefox 14 if I depopulate a column I find I can't shift anything back into it.
It isn't browser-specific. I think it happens because the system can't detect when the mouse is over an empty (i.e., zero-height) section. This is why I put the word "empty" in empty container lists... to make it possible to drag things into them. I may have to do something similar for each section of the page -- force a small transparent row into any empty section so it won't be zero-height.

Quote:
Also in some cases* if I want section (a) below section (b) when section (b) is at the bottom of the page, I need to place (a) above (b), then shift (b) up above (a). This is most noticeable, for me at least, trying to put something under the weapon list.
It seems to be quite sensitive about determining the bottom of a section. You can do it, but the mouse has to be in *just* the right spot.

Quote:
Also either having a reset button or calling out that switching between landscape and portrait will reset the sections to their default positions might be an idea.
I think it says this in the information panel, in the help-text for the "page orientation" item. It may not be obvious enough though.
AncientOne is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Xyzzy

Old July 21st, 2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
It isn't browser-specific. I think it happens because the system can't detect when the mouse is over an empty (i.e., zero-height) section. This is why I put the word "empty" in empty container lists... to make it possible to drag things into them. I may have to do something similar for each section of the page -- force a small transparent row into any empty section so it won't be zero-height.
An "empty" row would certainly help.

Quote:
It seems to be quite sensitive about determining the bottom of a section. You can do it, but the mouse has to be in *just* the right spot.
Now that I know it can be done I've managed to do it a couple of time, but it is quite finicky.

Quote:
I think it says this in the information panel, in the help-text for the "page orientation" item. It may not be obvious enough though.
The only thing showing in the info panel for me is the text and link pointing to this thread for help.... no, wait... I hadn't realised you can click on the options in the control panel and get help text in the info panel. So yeah not obvious enough
Xyzzy is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
sak0232

Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narl View Post
I just get a grey background with a link to this thread on the new version of the sheet. Running OS X 10.7.4. I tried both the latest versions of Safari and Firefox.
Ditto, same issue on Chrome, Opera, Safari and Firefox, running on an iMac with latest operating system.
sak0232 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
crobledo

Old July 24th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak0232 View Post
Ditto, same issue on Chrome, Opera, Safari and Firefox, running on an iMac with latest operating system.
I think I am able to reproduce this issue at-will. Hopefully it can help:

I have a level 5 Paladin. I export him and he is fine. Then I add his divine bond (mount) and build the mount's stats and feats.

I try to export my paladin again and get the blank gray screen.
I try to export the mount and get the blank gray screen.

I go back to my paladin and delete his animal companion. Try exporting again and AHA! it works perfectly again!

Workaround: Build your character and his animal companion, then save the HL portfolio. Then I print my Animal Companion using HL default export, then go to my paladin and delete the companion. Then export to AncientOne's sheets and close HL without saving portfolio again.

My guess is there is an error when your character has animal companions.

Of course YMMV, etc...
crobledo is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Narl

Old July 24th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobledo View Post
My guess is there is an error when your character has animal companions.

Of course YMMV, etc...
No familiar or animal companions for any of my characters, so it must be more than that.
Narl is offline   #30 Reply With Quote