Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bishop37
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 26th, 2011, 05:41 PM
The Expanded Repertoire ability of the Magician alternate class for Bards does not allow for higher spell levels gained from prestige class levels.

For example: Bard (Magician) 9/Harrower 3 takes his next level in Bard, getting another pick for Expanded Repertoire. He should be able to choose 0 thru 5th level spells, however, he can only pick from 0 thru 4th (the spell levels earned directly by his bard levels).
Bishop37 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
chava

Old March 26th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Charda (monster)

Get an error message for the Improved Trip - Need to have Combat Expertise and Int 13+.... Need to check the 'No Pre-reqs' box.

Charda with Blacktongue Charda template:
lacking spell-like abilities: 1/day - acid arrow, control water, deeper darkness, obscuring mist, transmute rock to mud

Last edited by chava; March 26th, 2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Charda Blacktongue
chava is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Zann Greyfalcon

Old March 26th, 2011, 11:24 PM
It looks like the Fighter Armor Training is not calculating correctly, or I am missing something (which is always possible).

My 11th level Fighter has +2 Full Plate and armor trainin 3, but it is showing an armor check penalty of -3. (Dex is 14, but I don't think that matters for this example)
The armor check penalty for normal Full Plate is -6.
+2 Full Plate is automatically masterwork, so it is reduced to -5.
Armor training 3, so it should be reduced to -2.
However, the armor check penalty remains at -3.

If something has changed that I am unaware of, or I am just plain incorrect. Please let me know.

Thank you
Zann Greyfalcon is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Please note that not all silver weapons get the damage penalty - only the slashing and piercing ones (Core Rulebook, pg. 155)
Mathias is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
Charda (monster)

Get an error message for the Improved Trip - Need to have Combat Expertise and Int 13+.... Need to check the 'No Pre-reqs' box.
Look at the Feats entry for the Charda in the B2 - Improved Trip does not have a superscript B, meaning bonus feat. Therefore, that feat is one the critter's chosen with its feat slots, so it's supposed to follow the rules.

Missing feat prereqs and insufficient ability score requirements come up all too often in Paizo's monster creations.
Mathias is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann Greyfalcon View Post
It looks like the Fighter Armor Training is not calculating correctly, or I am missing something (which is always possible).

My 11th level Fighter has +2 Full Plate and armor trainin 3, but it is showing an armor check penalty of -3. (Dex is 14, but I don't think that matters for this example)
The armor check penalty for normal Full Plate is -6.
+2 Full Plate is automatically masterwork, so it is reduced to -5.
Armor training 3, so it should be reduced to -2.
However, the armor check penalty remains at -3.

If something has changed that I am unaware of, or I am just plain incorrect. Please let me know.

Thank you
So their does appear to be an issue but I don't think it has anything to do with Fighter but with magic armor.

After some testing it looks like Magical Armor is no longer applying the MW part to the ACP. I just used a blank 1st level fighter with three different suites of armor and you can see they are off. The ACP for the +1 Full Plate is at -6 not -5 like the MW armor.

I did use my CORE data set with no .user files for testing. Here is a screen shot so you can see what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Noname.jpg (28.4 KB, 10 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
silverhair2012

Old March 27th, 2011, 06:17 PM
This afternoon we were playing a Society scenario. I was running my 1st level Witch. She went to cast Ray of Enfeeblement. In HL it has the duration as 1 minute/level. However, printing 4 of the Core has the spell listed as 1 round/level.
silverhair2012 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old March 28th, 2011, 07:04 AM
The DC on the Sandman Bard Class is not figuring correctly all my other abilities are DC 17 and it is DC 13

Edit for his steal spell ability

Last edited by Virtue; March 28th, 2011 at 09:23 AM.
Virtue is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 28th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So their does appear to be an issue but I don't think it has anything to do with Fighter but with magic armor.

After some testing it looks like Magical Armor is no longer applying the MW part to the ACP. I just used a blank 1st level fighter with three different suites of armor and you can see they are off. The ACP for the +1 Full Plate is at -6 not -5 like the MW armor.

I did use my CORE data set with no .user files for testing. Here is a screen shot so you can see what I mean.
Sigh. I fixed a minor bug - that Hellknight plate is already masterwork and doesn't gain another -1 to ACP if enchanted - and in the process created a major bug. I'll get this fixed in the next update. Thanks to everyone who reported this, and I'm very sorry for creating this problem.
Mathias is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 28th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
You'll have to manually add Knowledge Skill(s) to the skill list on that tab. Once you do that, it/they will appear in the drop down list.
When a particular Knowledge skill is a class skill, why must it be added manually? Shouldn't it automatically show up?
Daeorian is offline   #30 Reply With Quote